Betting Talk

Questions to moderator or the board??

bluejakebluejake Senior Member
edited February 2017 in Sports Betting
I need some help I'm subscribed to a few people on the board and I notice I do not receive all their plays, for instance yesterday BG I just got notified of 2 posts. Do I have something set wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

Comments

• cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    Same thing here. Got his first email and that was it.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    Are you making sure to log into the forum and read the post every time? If you don't, it won't send anymore notifications from what I understand.
  • hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    Dr. H wrote: »
    Are you making sure to log into the forum and read the post every time? If you don't, it won't send anymore notifications from what I understand.

this is correct. pain in the a** but the way it is for some reason.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited February 2017

I was not doing this. Email to shop not coming here as I want to get as close to his lines as possible. Thanks for clarifying though fellas.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited February 2017

Thanks for the assist. This is correct.
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    Goats wrote: »
    Thanks for the assist. This is correct.

Is this something that is open for discussion? I personally think that if you subscribe to a thread, you should get notifications every post and that if you consider it a nuisance, it's really simple to cancel the subscription. The way things currently are is pretty inconvenient for threads where the poster splits their plays for a day in more than one post. I'm sure it's set up for only one notification so people aren't bombarded by emails from non-OP posts, but again, it's easy to unsubscribe or tell people to stop posting in a thread. Is it safe to assume that only sending an email when the OP posts isn't possible?
  • bluejakebluejake Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    I agree, I would think you would get all notifications when they post. Thank You all for clearing this up for me.
  • bluejakebluejake Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    Full of old guy questions today I also noticed on BG I don't have view first unread on top, only have thread tools and search thread?
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Software questions need to be sent to [email protected]. They're beyond my scope and I personally don't know what features of the forum software can and cannot be altered. Sorry.
  • AdminAdmin Administrator
    edited February 2017
    <style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}</style>The subscribe tool alerts you of the first new post since your last visit. If you click through the link on the emails, you’ll have read that post and then will get an email for the next one. The idea behind this is to not spam you of new message board posts since you've already been alerted that there's a new post you haven't read yet. We don’t have any control over this. This is just the way message board subscriptions work.
  • donny2donny2 Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    I got questions about this. I also had the same issues.

I'm curious but what email program do you use that is associated on this forum with the subscribed threads? I use gmail. However i believe you need to get the gmail app in order to receive the notifications right? Because i have an iphone and when i used the email app on my iphone, sometimes i would receive the email, other times i won't. However, even after configuring it on gmail, it seems like when i do received the notification on my iphone, its almost always 2 or 3 minutes later. Does anyone have this issue?

Example say on a thread you are subscribed to. Say that person posts at 11am. It shows up in my notification almost always 2 minutes later. Say im on the forum and that person posts such as BG. I notice he post at 11am. However, the notification won't show up on my iphone until 2 minutes later. Is this normal? So basically its not possible to receive the email notification when someone post in the thread? Seems like there is almost always a 2 minute lag. Do most of you use an iphone or android phone? However, im thinking this could possibly be because of gmail because i read its push notification and not instant? Do i have to change email to yahoo or something else? Who here receives the email notification right when someone posts in a subscribed thread?