Betting Talk

NBA Win Totals

ebemissebemiss Senior Member
edited October 2016 in Sports Betting
Put together win projections for each team based on updated power rankings.

Team Projected Wins
Atlanta Hawks 43.71
Boston Celtics 50.37
Brooklyn Nets 19.43
Charlotte Hornets 43.71
Chicago Bulls 39.57
Cleveland Cavaliers 56.59
Dallas Mavericks 36.65
Denver Nuggets 35.04
Detroit Pistons 43.53
Golden State Warriors 66.36
Houston Rockets 43.84
Indiana Pacers 44.54
Los Angeles Clippers 53.15
Los Angeles Lakers 23.20
Memphis Grizzlies 39.35
Miami Heat 35.79
Milwaukee Bucks 36.19
Minnesota Timberwolves 40.02
New Orleans Pelicans 34.83
New York Knickerbockers 39.14
Oklahoma City Thunder 42.76
Orlando Magic 36.14
Philadelphia 76ers 24.54
Phoenix Suns 28.81
Portland Trail Blazers 43.69
Sacramento Kings 32.85
San Antonio Spurs 56.81
Toronto Raptors 51.83
Utah Jazz 46.22
Washington Wizards 41.35

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    Excellent work ebemiss
    Thanks
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    i should go play that number 1230 ....good job
  • paddyboy111paddyboy111 Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    I mashed this list with 538's sim model and compared to online odds. Here is the best value:

Grizzlies under 43.5 -115 (5D). Here it shows 39.3 wins, 538 has them at 35 wins.

Not a big pro hoops fan, anybody have an argument why the line seems falsely attractive?
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    two I like are knicks un 40.5 and bost ov 52.5
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    I like Toronto over. Think they are one of the deepest teams in the league. Should be fine on a night to night basis whether it be injury or the other NBA nonsense with guys in/out of the lineup.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    I mashed this list with 538's sim model and compared to online odds. Here is the best value:

Grizzlies under 43.5 -115 (5D). Here it shows 39.3 wins, 538 has them at 35 wins.

Not a big pro hoops fan, anybody have an argument why the line seems falsely attractive?

I can get Under 44 -120 and yes I do like it but the problem I also like Under Dallas 40 -120 and that division is really bad.
    Start off with N.Orleans and the man in charge AD is made of glass and should miss about 20 games.

Now to Houston and Beverley who's going to miss at least the first 20 games this year. Don't let the 71 games played last year fool you his avg minutes was 28 and I bet against Houston a lot when Beverley was out or hurting and did well. Beverley makes a big difference when he doesn't play and there's another 44 win team.

Lets go to Memphis. In years past you thought Memphis defense came to mind. This will be a different year with a different team philosophy. Randolph will be coming off the bench and says he's okay with that. The emphasis this year will be running the floor and three point shooting so they say. It did bear out in preseason. Been watching them when I can and reading and they said the team is buying into this new way. Maybe true will just have to wait and see. I'm Looking to bet the Over in Memphis games the first week or so. Back to the team I don't trust Parsons and Gasol a 7 footer with foot problems isn't good. I'm not a big Brandan Wright fan who is Gasol's BU. Let me save the best for last they have the wacko Stephenson on the team and he can play it's just he's a little crazy.

Dallas may surprise people if they stay healthy but I liked them Under last year and lost and I also like them Under this year.

SAS How does this team not win 60 games. The only thing will be how many rest days does pops give them the last minute. I stay away from SAS games unless I see OUT next to a players name and then you still make get surprised.

So somebody other then the Spurs has to go Over you would thing so I'll pass Memphis and Dallas and say Good Luck.