Betting Talk

Hurricane Matthew

GoatsGoats Head Moderator
edited October 2016 in Sports Betting
Best of luck to anyone affected.

I think I'm just far West enough to escape any major issues but it should still get pretty ugly for a while.

Comments

• golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    Be safe everyone, on the NC coast and think we have escaped most of the terrible weather. Take care friends.
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    LSU-Fla cancelled and will not be rescheduled.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    buckeyes wrote: »

per SEC...

The LSU-Florida football game scheduled for Saturday in Gainesville has been postponed due to Hurricane Matthew, it was announced Thursday. The universities and the SEC Office will work to reschedule the game later in the 2016 season if possible.

"We had a very productive phone call today with a great spirit of cooperation between the universities' presidents and athletics directors and it became clear that the University of Florida could neither host nor travel to a game this weekend considering the circumstances," said SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey. "The developments of the hurricane in the last 24 hours, the projected magnitude of its impact and the unknown aftermath of this storm have resulted in this decision to seek another date to play the LSU-Florida game. We have to be sensitive to the possible imminent disruption to the state of Florida and in particular the Gainesville and surrounding area."

At this time the schools do not have a common open date on which to reschedule the game, so the schools and SEC Office will make every effort to find a scheduling solution with the possible movement of other games on the schools' schedules.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited October 2016
    kcburgh wrote: »
    per SEC...

The LSU-Florida football game scheduled for Saturday in Gainesville has been postponed due to Hurricane Matthew, it was announced Thursday. The universities and the SEC Office will work to reschedule the game later in the 2016 season if possible.

"We had a very productive phone call today with a great spirit of cooperation between the universities' presidents and athletics directors and it became clear that the University of Florida could neither host nor travel to a game this weekend considering the circumstances," said SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey. "The developments of the hurricane in the last 24 hours, the projected magnitude of its impact and the unknown aftermath of this storm have resulted in this decision to seek another date to play the LSU-Florida game. We have to be sensitive to the possible imminent disruption to the state of Florida and in particular the Gainesville and surrounding area."

At this time the schools do not have a common open date on which to reschedule the game, so the schools and SEC Office will make every effort to find a scheduling solution with the possible movement of other games on the schools' schedules.

Word on the street is that should the game matter towards the SEC Championship, both teams will buy their way out of their non-conference homes games on 11/19 (LSU hosts South Alabama, and Florida hosts Presbyterian) and instead play each other.
  • helmuthelmut Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    TommyL wrote: »
    Word on the street is that should the game matter towards the SEC Championship, both teams will buy their way out of their non-conference homes games on 11/19 (LSU hosts South Alabama, and Florida hosts Presbyterian) and instead play each other.

They should play on a Wednesday before these games. Not like the short rest would be unfavorable to either team and how much of a game plan do you need when your going to be a 30 pt favorite?
  • rcmoneyrcmoney Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    GA at S Car ppd to be played on Sunday 10-9
    edited October 2016
    helmut wrote: »
    They should play on a Wednesday before these games. Not like the short rest would be unfavorable to either team and how much of a game plan do you need when your going to be a 30 pt favorite?

Don't see it being a good idea to play an SEC game on a Saturday, then turn around and play another one 4 days later, and then again 3 days later play a non-conference game (even if the non-conference games aren't expected to be competitive).
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Way to hijack my humanitarian thread wishing people safety in the storm. :)

So sorry to interrupt your SEC discussion, but if anyone cares about old Goats, looks like I got lucky when the storm shifted slightly east, Yesterday they were projecting 75mph winds where I am and now we might barely reach 40.

Again, hope everyone living in affected areas is/will be ok. The east coast is still getting hit pretty hard.

To everyone else, feel free to carry on with the CFB discussion.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    Hope things work out for you ...have family in ft lauderdale area

luck
    edited October 2016
    Goats wrote: »

So sorry to interrupt your SEC discussion, but if anyone cares about old Goats, looks like I got lucky when the storm shifted slightly east, Yesterday they were projecting 75mph winds where I am and now we might barely reach 40.

Again, hope everyone living in affected areas is/will be ok. The east coast is still getting hit pretty hard.

Glad to hear it. You'll even be able to watch the USMNT friendly today!!!
    edited October 2016
    TommyL wrote: »
    Glad to hear it. You'll even be able to watch the USMNT friendly today!!!

You pretty much just guaranteed I'll lose power later today regardless of how mild the weather has gotten here. Thanks a lot. :)

I guess there's always the watchespn archives.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2016

Glad to see you were spared the worst of it Goats, I too was fortunate with the storm moving a little East, where I live only a little rain and some wind, but nothing close to what others in the state have dealt with, I feel very lucky today, and my thoughts are with those who weren't as lucky as me
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Stay safe, everyone! This thing looks scary.
    edited October 2016
    kane wrote: »
    Glad to see you were spared the worst of it Goats, I too was fortunate with the storm moving a little East, where I live only a little rain and some wind, but nothing close to what others in the state have dealt with, I feel very lucky today, and my thoughts are with those who weren't as lucky as me

Well said. I definitely feel lucky. We have friends less than 10 miles away that are without power while we never lost ours.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2016

Thoughts are with you and family stay safe. kane, glad to hear your okay.
  • golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    In Eastern NC and would like this thing to loop more out to sea instead of closer to shore. Wishing the best for Charleston and areas coming up also as it looks bad for them also.

Take care everyone.
  • StricknineStricknine Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    Surprised some of these NC game totals have not come down more. Calling for heavy rain and gusty all day in NC. Wake, NCST, Duke and UNC all have home games. Totals have been bet down but maybe not enough.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    buckeyes wrote: »

Why wasn't this game switched to Baton Rouge? Is Fla ducking LSU? Prolly not but the field will be very playable Sat. To error on the side of caution? OK. However, the next Gov Scott shock statement "This will kill you", will result in more reluctant evacuees. I really feel for Haiti.