Betting Talk

2016 College Football TEAM TOTALS

helmuthelmut Senior Member
edited October 2016 in Sports Betting
YTD 0-0

361 Virginia OVER 23.5

Outside of the game against Washington last season the Ducks gave up at least 24 pts in all the other games. The Ducks defense was supposed to be improved this season with the addition of new offense coordinator Hoke but it looks like the same bad defense they had last season. Last week UC Davis a team predicted to finish last in the Big Sky conference moved the ball fairly well against the Ducks. Also I get that Virginia did not look that good against Richmond last week but the Spiders are one of the better FCS teams and the Cavaliers did turn the ball over four times. With the pace that the Ducks play at Virginia should be able to get lots of chances on offense in this game.

374 Illinois OVER 26

Not that I think the Illini offense is anything special but I think North Carolina’s defense is still very bad and especially bad against the run. The last four games they have allowed 289, 645, 319, 308 on the ground. In last years game the Illini had success on the ground but they just got too far behind and were forced to put the ball in the air. They still did manage close to 400 yds in total offense. This season they look very good in their opener rushing for 287 against Murray St. With the addition of new head coach Smith and this year’s game on their own home field I got to think they come up with a very good effort here.

Comments

• helmuthelmut Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    YTD 1-1

172 Appalachian St. UNDER 24

Sure the Mountaineers will be sky high for this game but let us keep in mind they have not had much success recently against these power 5 teams failing to score more than 14pts in any game since joining the FBS in 2014. The Hurricanes defense has been outstanding so far this season holding Florida A&M to 197 total yds and Florida Atlantic to 197 total yds. They also have the #1 ranked rush defense. Both of these teams are fairly run heavy and that should keep the clock moving.

202 Arizona UNDER 43.5

If you can’t score 40+ on Grambling its probably going to be tough to score that much on any FBS team. Right now the Arizona offense just isn’t that good. Brandon Dawkins did not look that good in his first career start last week against Grambling completing just over 50% of his passes for a pedestrian 223 yds. I would expect the offense once again to remain run heavy with the rookie signal caller getting his second career start.
    edited September 2016
    YTD 2-2

352 Marshall OVER 23.5

Nothing appears to be wrong with the Herd offense this season. They gained well over 500 yds in each of their first two games. The Cardinal play fast and score quick so there should be plenty of chances for the Herds offense to be on the field. The Herd have played 23 consecutive home games where they have scored 23 or more pts. The Cardinal defense is pretty good but in their last five road games they have allowed 28, 24, 45, 19, 41 pts.

375 Miami OH OVER 20

The Redhawks offense has started fairly well this season. They have gained over 400 yds in each of their first three games. The Bearcats defense was never their strong suit. Even though they have stated that the have tried to improve the defense this year it still appears to be a little leaky allowing both Purdue and Houston to put up 500+ yds and even FCS Tennessee Martin moved the ball fairly well on their defense. Last season the Redhawks almost beat Cincinnati as a 21 pt dog and put up 448 yds worth of offense.
    edited September 2016
    Note:
    Chase Litton, Concussion - is doubtful Saturday (9/24) vs. Louisville

I checked all week long with the Marshall paper and nothing on this, so I assumed he was going to play. I really dropped the baby here on this one. Sorry
    edited October 2016
    YTD 3-2-1

149 Ohio OVER 27.5

This Bobcat team is a little different from some of the other ones under Solich. They are not as heavily run oriented and seem to be playing a little faster. The offense has been very productive this season with over 500 yds against Gardner Webb and Texas St. They ended up with 496 against Kansas and even moved the ball on Tennessee. Miami defense is not that strong. An Iowa tteam that has struggled on offense put up 45 on them, Cincinnati with their backup QB had 461 yds in total offense, Western Kentucky was up over 400 yds. I just think its more of the same here with Ohio.

155 Purdue OVER 23

The Boilermakers have moved the ball really well in every game this season. They have had over 450 yds in all three games. The thing that has held their scores down is the number of turnovers they have committed. I’m still not really sure how good the Maryland defense is. They have not played the strongest teams on offense this season. The one middle of the pack offense in UCF was able to gain 450+ yds with their backup quarterback. Last year Big 10 offenses averaged 35 ppg and all eight opponents were over this number.

196 Southern California OVER 38

The Trojans have played a fairly difficult schedule thus far and should not be that surprising with all the tough defenses they have faced that the offense is ranked near the bottom. I thought last week against Utah the offense showed improvement and was quite good with the new quarterback. This week they get to face one of the worst defenses in the league. I realize Texas Tech and California have good offenses but those teams had field days against the ASU defense, each piling up over 600 yds of offense. Last year the Trojans scored 35 in just the first half against ASU and I look for more of the same today.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    hope your right with ohio , like them a lot today

luck
    edited October 2016
    YTD 4-4-1

124 South Florida UNDER 36

The Huskies have only allowed one team in the last two years to score more than 37 pts on them and that was Houston which has a very good offense. The Huskies are very good at stopping the run coming in with the #11 rush defense in the league and with South Florida being one dimensional this plays well into what the Huskies are good on defense at. Also the Huskies have a knack for shortening the games with both teams running the ball a lot the clock should be constantly running.

160 Houston OVER 47

The Hurricanes have allowed 40+ pts in their last two games to bad offense in SMU and Fresno St. Last year Houston only scored 38 at Tulsa but they did have 638 yds in total offense. They have scored 40+in every game this season except the game against Oklahoma. I feel they could have scored much more in some of these games but they had such a big lead at half time that running clock in the 2nd half was more important than scoring. I think Tulsa’s offense can pressure them a little bit and they should be trying to score in the 2nd half.

May have one more. Waiting for a better number.
    edited October 2016
    196 Wisconsin UNDER 17

The Buckeyes have only allowed one team to score more than 17 pts on them and that was Oklahoma. The Buckeyes are #8 against the run and #5 against the pass. The Badgers have already proven they can’t score against good defenses only put up 16 against LSU and 7 against Michigan. They also struggled against Georgia St. and have the #107 offense in the nation. Not sure how anything changes here with their bad offense against Ohio St. Last week Ohio St. only had 21 pass attempts against Indiana and I think we see once again a more conservative approach with lots of running from both teams.
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    Brutal 4th quarter in the So Fla game.