Betting Talk

Prop "No Actioned" by Local's PPH

hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
edited May 2016 in Sports Betting
Summary of what happened:

- Placed under 14.5 pts+rebs -120 for P. Patterson at 7:58 last night
- not sure what time it was announced Scola was starting, but looking at twitter it was right before the game. Call it 8:30
- go to confirm wager post-game and see it was canceled/no-actioned
- no clue at what point they canceled it
- other two PPH's I have had 14 at the same exact time

Overall, I don't feel this was an error or a bad line given the market. I asked the agent why it was canceled and he responded "think it's because he didn't start." I responded that I didn't see that in the rules for player props (just see that he needs to play). not a huge wager and I had this happen with them on a few hockey player props a few years ago. i let those go as i had been winning and didn't want to cause an issue. however, i have been getting my teeth kicked in and this one doesn't sit well with me.

thoughts? am i out of line here?

Comments

• 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    hornsfan wrote: »
    Summary of what happened:

- Placed under 14.5 pts+rebs -120 for P. Patterson at 7:58 last night
    - not sure what time it was announced Scola was starting, but looking at twitter it was right before the game. Call it 8:30
    - go to confirm wager post-game and see it was canceled/no-actioned
    - no clue at what point they canceled it
    - other two PPH's I have had 14 at the same exact time

Overall, I don't feel this was an error or a bad line given the market. I asked the agent why it was canceled and he responded "think it's because he didn't start." I responded that I didn't see that in the rules for player props (just see that he needs to play). not a huge wager and I had this happen with them on a few hockey player props a few years ago. i let those go as i had been winning and didn't want to cause an issue. however, i have been getting my teeth kicked in and this one doesn't sit well with me.

thoughts? am i out of line here?

Only thing that counts is whether or not he plays........if he starts or not is irrelevant.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited May 2016
    2sportguy wrote: »
    Only thing that counts is whether or not he plays........if he starts or not is irrelevant.

That depends on the book. I have played props at books that state "player must start."
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    This is an NBA player prop. To protect both parties the player must START. I got fuked on the same player Patterson under 8.5 points. It was graded as a scratch.
  • hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Ronbets wrote: »
    This is an NBA player prop. To protect both parties the player must START. I got fuked on the same player Patterson under 8.5 points. It was graded as a scratch.

does it go both ways then? When there is a prop on a bench player and he is a last minute add to the starting lineup does that scratch those props as well? In this case that would have been Scola. thanks for the info and sorry to hear you lost out on one as well.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    hornsfan wrote: »
    does it go both ways then? When there is a prop on a bench player and he is a last minute add to the starting lineup does that scratch those props as well? In this case that would have been Scola. thanks for the info and sorry to hear you lost out on one as well.

Good loophole Horns! If the prop header mentions nothing, you got action.