Broken Line

paddyboy111paddyboy111 Senior Member
edited May 2016 in Sports Betting
I found a broken line on Her1tage if anyone is interested:

Canada vs. USA hockey regulation result

Canada win: +210
USA win +415
Draw in regulation + 514

You can bet all 3 lines and guarantee a profit.
FYI the broken one is the Canada line, I have them at 59% odds to win in regulation, but USA at 29% chance to win in regulation would otherwise be bettable.

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited May 2016
    Betting bad lines is not advisable. They almost always get cancelled and books don't generally appreciate you taking a shot at them.
  • paddyboy111paddyboy111 Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Goats wrote: »
    Betting bad lines is not advisable. They almost always get cancelled and books don't generally appreciate you taking a shot at them.

Didn't know that. Would they still cancel my bet after the event starts or am I safe at that point? Thinking about hedging it on another site but that is risky if they are in the habit of breaking out contract.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited May 2016
    Didn't know that. Would they still cancel my bet after the event starts or am I safe at that point? Thinking about hedging it on another site but that is risky if they are in the habit of breaking out contract.

Honest books like Heritage will generally cancel it beforehand as long as they catch it but they will still often cancel it after the fact. Dishonest books have been known to wait to see if you win or not before taking action (i.e. they freeroll you).

I would definitely advise against hedging since the original bet is likely to be cancelled.
  • paddyboy111paddyboy111 Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Goats wrote: »
    Honest books like Heritage will generally cancel it beforehand as long as they catch it but they will still often cancel it after the fact. Dishonest books have been known to wait to see if you win or not before taking action (i.e. they freeroll you).

I would definitely advise against hedging since the original bet is likely to be cancelled.

Lesson learned thanks bro.