I like Hawaii over Long Beach tomorrow.

guessing Hawaii will be -2

Comments

• Casper WareCasper Ware Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    hard to beat a better team that is better than you 3 times, especially hard
  • richhhhrichhhh Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    A coin flip landing on heads has a 50% probability. After to 2 coin flips in a row that each land on heads the probability of the third flip to be heads is 50%. The coin cant really try harder to be tails. You believe a team will and while doing so will increase its win probability after failing twice and the market will not recognize this?
    If only it was this easy.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    According to STATS LLC., there have been 981 similar matchups across Division I college basketball over the past 10 seasons. The teams entering the third game 2-0 are a combined 710-271 (.724 winning percentage) in the third meeting.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    jm wrote: »
    According to STATS LLC., there have been 981 similar matchups across Division I college basketball over the past 10 seasons. The teams entering the third game 2-0 are a combined 710-271 (.724 winning percentage) in the third meeting.

Nice job JM, as usual Railbird is clueless
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    kane wrote: »
    Nice job JM, as usual Railbird is clueless

Kane, what's with the overkill/redundancy? We know the guy has issues just like yourself.
    edited March 2016
    hard to beat a team for the 3rd time when your underdog. is what I should have said. obviously a first place team can beat a last place team 3 times.
    edited March 2016
    but it isn't random, first 2 wins were injury related, or travel related, or motivation related. also adjustments are made, for the losing team not the winning team.
    edited March 2016
    jm wrote: »

so many people mis use stats
    edited March 2016
    I would be interested to see when the 0-2 team is PK or chalk what the ats record is. over 20 years. that would prove me wrong.
    edited March 2016
    I like it better -4 than -2. its -4 because they don't want you to take them.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    I don't hate or even dislike blacks jews or gays. and I don't appreciate being accused of that.

Okay, I told Ron I'd lay off, but since you posted this, I'll respond one last time. These are just a few of your posts, but there are hundreds more like them.

Talking about Nate Silver: "Oops, the progressive Jew homo is wrong again."

Talking about Magic Johnson: "Magic is a faggot, you only get aids from gay sex."

Talking about the state of Minnesota: "Minnesota is all Muslims and faggots."

There's a thread you started titled, "Do teams with white players win more?"

Talking about black coaches: "Most of them are quota hires."

You also started a thread titled, "Don't forget to bet against black coaches." In that thread you said, "If a black head coach starts hiring black assistants, that makes it even better,"

Honestly, there are so many homophobic, racist, and anti-Semitic posts you've made, I would be here all night posting them. Anyone is free to go there and judge for themselves.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    One last thing, if you posted any of the stuff here that you do there, you would be banned before the day is over. The reason why you're tame here is you know the mods would delete most of your posts and you would be banned. As you're well aware, this place is much different than EOG, so you act accordingly when posting here, but I know you for who you really are
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    kane wrote: »
    Okay, I told Ron I'd lay off, but since you posted this, I'll respond one last time. These are just a few of your posts, but there are hundreds more like them.

Talking about Nate Silver: "Oops, the progressive Jew homo is wrong again."

Talking about Magic Johnson: "Magic is a faggot, you only get aids from gay sex."

Talking about the state of Minnesota: "Minnesota is all Muslims and faggots."

There's a thread you started titled, "Do teams with white players win more?"

Talking about black coaches: "Most of them are quota hires."

You also started a thread titled, "Don't forget to bet against black coaches." In that thread you said, "If a black head coach starts hiring black assistants, that makes it even better,"

Honestly, there are so many homophobic, racist, and anti-Semitic posts you've made, I would be here all night posting them. Anyone is free to go there and judge for themselves.

I hate Minnesota too.
    edited March 2016
    case in point Connecticut beats temple to go 1-2
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    it's worth nothing
    edited March 2016
    durito wrote: »
    it's worth nothing
    resistance is a good sign, means your probably right
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    And on a side note ,if you used subsets concerning the win two playing a third you will find some very interesting results that are very profitable to say the least ...
    edited March 2016
    St Mary over Pepperidine. W Gonzaga over St Mary W. Hawaii over beach push. only examples I could find where 0-2 team was the chalk. Ill look harder later
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    Its hard to beat a team 3 times in a season
    Casper Ware

I agree with this statement..............ONLY before the 1st game is played.
    edited March 2016
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Its hard to beat a team 3 times in a season
    Casper Ware

I agree with this statement..............ONLY before the 1st game is played.
    its a jr high argument, but I like it when the chalk in the 3rd game is 0-2