Betting Talk

MLB Extra Innings Action Settlement Notice

kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
edited April 2016 in Sports Betting
not sure if I am late to the party on this one..but wondering what it will do to the discounts Direct TV usually offers

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2016/2/11/10966352/mlb-tv-lawsuit-settlement-details-extra-innings-mlb-tv-packages-cheaper

Comments

• jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    I received an email yesterday about it , from what i can see for directv customers we will get a 12.5% discount off the 2015 price. Cant remember what i paid last year.

And on a side note , anyone have the genie , had a new receiver sent to me the other day and it wouldnt work they came out put up new dish, change and kinds of crap, tech was great , i asked him about it and he said he loves it...i get a free upgrade so am thinking of doing it, any of you guys like it.
    thanks
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    It depends on how you watch TV and if you do a ot of recording. My wife records everything and works nights and watches TV mostly in the Bedroom during the day. I'm not much of a TV watcher but I watch the games in the living room and some programs so it's great for us. Also the box that they put in each room is small it's about 5"x5" which is also nice so for me it's great. got the free up grade last year. So the best advice I can give you is how much you record and where certain people in your house like to watch what's being recorded. Just something to help if you get it. After a program is recorded it has a blue dot next to it so if someone in your house say in the bedroom watches that program it will stay blue for the people who haven't watched it yet it's inportant in case your like me I'll let a couple of weeks go bye and then watch a a few episodes one after another and this way with it still blue I know where I left off the last one I seen. If you don't do a lot of recording then a DVR or two is fine. You'll pay an extra $3 a month for the Genie service.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    I've had the Genie system since Dec. of 2014 and like it a lot
    edited February 2016
    thanks
    For us we have a hddvr in living room that my wife tapes everything, she is a reality nut ...i think the dvr is like 80% full ...i do watch a few shows with her ...now vinyl and billon love both...one tv in bedroom that i mostly tape a few show and watch my sports ...one tv in workout room downstairs .....you guys have wireless genies ?
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    jets96 wrote: »
    thanks
    For us we have a hddvr in living room that my wife tapes everything, she is a reality nut ...i think the dvr is like 80% full ...i do watch a few shows with her ...now vinyl and billon love both...one tv in bedroom that i mostly tape a few show and watch my sports ...one tv in workout room downstairs .....you guys have wireless genies ?

Yes--wireless
  • golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    i like the genie but sometimes channels get stuck and harder to change channels because of the internet connection. I also sometimes have pixeling on the tv for the first few minutes on a tv not the main. Not sure if anyone else has these problems.
    edited February 2016
    Yes it's rare but it happens that I get stuck on HD and have to go to non hd then it works find and then go back. Doesn't happen happen often. But I love Directv been with them before they were called Directv and just got over $40 in discounts each month for 6 months and still have a couple $ yet to go for another month just for saying hello how u doing..
    Next week I'll call for the baseball package regular price is $178 you can do better.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    Getting a deal on the MLB may to be tricky..was just told everyone got a 12.5 % discount..retention had no problem letting me drop my auto-renewal on Xtra Innings. may be able to get discounts other ways but sports not so much.
    edited March 2016
    kcburgh wrote: »
    Getting a deal on the MLB may to be tricky..was just told everyone got a 12.5 % discount..retention had no problem letting me drop my auto-renewal on Xtra Innings. may be able to get discounts other ways but sports not so much.

Here's what I got a little weird but it comes out to $109 for the year. Last month I got $38 a month in discounts for 6 months so I really didn't expect much. I was told that the price was $173 and change and that's what she can do but after two weeks from the start of the season I will get $64 and change credit off my bill taking it to $109 total. I asked why not just charge me $109 and I'll pay in one shot. The girl said that they want to start giving discounts to VIP
    customers on the start of the new billing cycle. It made sense if they want to do that way and I went over it 3 x's and said 2 weeks after the season starts should be April 18 is when my billing cycle starts and I will get $64 discount in one shot. She said yes. Hey they do great by me I just got the lowest bill in about 10 years.

I had called about two weeks ago and the lady told me I just missed the $10 a month off sale on the baseball package and told me to call back and I told her no problem I will and thank you. She just didn't feel like working that day.

Edit: We are spoiled because even @ $173 for baseball with all the games and for 6 months it's really cheap. But we are spoiled.
    edited March 2016
    Thinking of trying to watch games online now that I have a "smart" tv.
    edited March 2016
    Thinking of trying to watch games online now that I have a "smart" tv.

You can do that and buy the MLB package but you need the stick which is $50 so it's really the same thing. The advantage is the stick is a one time buy and next year you just buy the package. I was going to do that last year but they gave me a good deal they always give me a good deal. I was with them before they were called directv over 20 years ago. Just go to best buy and ask them what you need I know the price because my nephew does all my electronic stuff. At least that was the price last year.
    edited March 2016
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    You can do that and buy the MLB package but you need the stick which is $50 so it's really the same thing. The advantage is the stick is a one time buy and next year you just buy the package. I was going to do that last year but they gave me a good deal they always give me a good deal. I was with them before they were called directv over 20 years ago. Just go to best buy and ask them what you need I know the price because my nephew does all my electronic stuff. At least that was the price last year.

T-Mobile is giving everyone MLB.com Premium...going to see how that works for the beginning of the season.
    edited March 2016
    Kc how you find out about that tmobile deal, my son called and they know nothing about it ....unless my son got it wrong which is quite possible.
    And we do have tmobile as our carrier
    edited March 2016
    jets96 wrote: »
    Kc how you find out about that tmobile deal, my son called and they know nothing about it ....unless my son got it wrong which is quite possible.
    And we do have tmobile as our carrier

here you go..

http://www.t-mobile.com/mlb.html?camp=16034_a
    edited March 2016
    thanks brother
    edited March 2016
    T-Mobile is giving everyone MLB.com Premium...going to see how that works for the beginning of the season.

T-Mobile was the carrier for my work phone and it suck but that was 4 years ago and things do get better. Look for the hook there's one somewhere.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    T-Mobile was the carrier for my work phone and it suck but that was 4 years ago and things do get better. Look for the hook there's one somewhere.

lol yea they are the worst. have em at the moment, was going to switch to something else, want to see what the catch is with this first
    edited March 2016
    durito wrote: »
    lol yea they are the worst. have em at the moment, was going to switch to something else, want to see what the catch is with this first

I have had them for eight years no real issues..guess I have been lucky. I did look into changing but when AT&T and DTV merged but price-wise was about $30 a month more after all the deals and we compared apples to apples.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited April 2016
    Directv never ceases to amaze me. I haven't had the MLB package in years, but being an O's fan and the fact that their window is closing and this might be the last exciting season for a while (and the 5-0 start didn't hurt), figured I'd call in and see if they could do anything for me for the MLB package. In the fall, I always call in and threaten to cancel and get awesome deals on the NFL package. This time, I took the "Old Timer" route and just called in telling them that I'm interested in the MLB package but don't want to pay the $174.96 that it costs as my wife won't go for it. The rep spent about 5 minutes looking up deals for me, and was able to give me an additional $15/month for 12 months off my bill for signing up for the package. So basically, the 10 minute phone call saved me $180 (or got me MLB for free if you want to look at it that way). People that don't call in and ask them for stuff are just throwing away money.