Betting Talk

Starting to get really fucked in games

golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
edited March 2016 in Sports Betting
I've lost 5 games in the last week by a half point or by 1 point. Fucking comical this total tonight lost

Comments

• jmanjman Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    I've lost 5 games in the last week by a half point or by 1 point. Fucking comical this total tonight lost
    19 or so points in the last 1:06. Worst. Loss. Ever.
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    Watch this clip and listen to what Al Pacino is saying. Pretend that he is talking to you. Now listen to his advice. You're welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc74OAB8oac
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    jman wrote: »
    19 or so points in the last 1:06. Worst. Loss. Ever.

had more than 10 of these this year so far
  • MustangMustang Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    To durito's point - I have seen too many of those games with fouls and a ton of points at the end to say those are even unusual at this point. I happen to have to the TV on a couple weeks ago for the end of the Oregon St./Utah game - where he had under 73.5 for the second half - sitting on 68 with Oregon St. up 2 with 10 seconds left (figure if you are going to lose it will be in OT) - Utah shoots a 3 with 2.2 seconds left gets fouled - makes all 3 free throws (sitting on 71) - Oregon St. inbounds the ball and the guy heaves a half court shot and the Utah guy runs into him and fouls him - he makes all 3 - lands on 74 - that to me would have been a much worse loss - don't think I have seen two fouls on 3s in the the last couple seconds of a game. I was surprised when I checked the next day there was no post about that game from some of the subscribers.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    2H unders and unders in general appear to be the right play this season 'alot' when going in last quarter of the game but that last quarter anymore is virtually impossible predict/cap/whatever you want to call it. doesn't even matter anymore whether close game or blowout.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    Bet we get fucked again on this under.
    edited February 2016
    Told ya
    edited February 2016
    It's amazing were even up this year as fucked as we've been. Can't think of the last time we were remotely lucky on one of our wins. And every single play we've lost for about the last month has been a complete butt fucking
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    I didn't see any 77s at the time I got the email or text only at a couple locals.
    edited February 2016
    I got 76.5, local had 77 for a few seconds but line moved on me when I went to hit confirm.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited February 2016
    77's everywhere for a good 20 seconds after text received for me. Was one of the faster movers though.
    edited February 2016
    Probably a delay on my email and text but I just looked again and it shows you send it out at 7:17 pm eastern but I received both at 7:18 pm..
    I can't see the seconds but I imagine it has to be about 30 seconds for the relay
  • turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    looking at line history 77 was there for 1 minutes 20 seconds to almost 2 minutes at the open at 4 or 5 books I liked at
    edited February 2016
    Yes, 77 at heritage and Bol at 7:17pm but I received the text and email at 7:18pm
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    It's amazing were even up this year as fucked as we've been. Can't think of the last time we were remotely lucky on one of our wins. And every single play we've lost for about the last month has been a complete butt fucking

not even on the same plays as you guys a lot and still get raped every night on complete bs all year. this isn't even a sport anymore.

If I have under there will be 40pts in last 4min every time. Over and the game will become a one poss game and then there are no pts. It's like these kids freeze up when the score is tied but if they down 7 they score every time. I actually account for some of the end game nonsense and I'm still getting screwed like never before this year.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited February 2016
    durito wrote: »
    not even on the same plays as you guys a lot and still get raped every night on complete bs all year. this isn't even a sport anymore.

If I have under there will be 40pts in last 4min every time. Over and the game will become a one poss game and then there are no pts. It's like these kids freeze up when the score is tied but if they down 7 they score every time. I actually account for some of the end game nonsense and I'm still getting screwed like never before this year.

That's the brutal part. You expect to lose some games thru the year with crazy shit, even little runs where crazy shit happens but it has been nightly all year. Since Jan 1, I have been above my daily expected record twice. Last night, exp wins 1.71, 1-2. Now 1-2 isn't a crazy result based on expectation, but when you do that nightly, after a few weeks-month and half, it adds up. The difference between 1-2 and 0-3 for me last night was actually winning a total I was expected to lose, which has rarely happened this year.

IUPUI under at halftime 68% exp, Loses
    Arz over at halftime 41% exp, Wins
    SJ St +3.5 at halftime 62% exp, Loses (The most painful of the group, and yet another dog who loses with a DD 2nd half lead)

I checked to see if 5 seconds really matter. For totals, the expectations at halftime actually are up a little this year so the results should be slightly better.

I feel your pain on the late game situations. Had an over recently, team down 6 with a little over a minute left. Right about the spot where they have to start fouling so I have a chance(have only won 1 CBB over on a foul fest this year so I'll take what I can get). They hit a 3, get a turnover, hit another 3. 59-59. Ok, that's good because college teams are awful last minute of tie games, they almost always go OT(also only won 1 game where I needed OT so i'll take that too :) ). Team misses, other team gets the last shot. They take a terrible shot as usual, miss, tip in the rebound with a second left. Then you turn around and see 17 pts in the last 2 minutes of a 20 pt blowout when you could have had 15 for your under(not even a foul fest game). Like I said, those losses happen during the year, you expect them, but they are happening every fucking day.
    edited February 2016
    It's beyond words at this point
  • Gordon GekkoGordon Gekko Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    Wow, c'mon...I'm done
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited February 2016

1 ) I had N'Eastern + 4.5 and 2h Under

2 ) You should take 2 weeks off from betting then quit.
    edited February 2016
    its voodoo doll time. Lol
    edited February 2016
    The good luck continues
  • caaladorcaalador Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    Ohio last second 3 pointer to kill the under, fell your pain.
  • ugadawgs7769ugadawgs7769 Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    caalador wrote: »
    Ohio last second 3 pointer to kill the under, fell your pain.

I signed up for the $5 three credits thing that ran today. Sorry

http://www.bettingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php/179588-I-think-I-may-be-the-mush-when-I-pay
    edited February 2016
    Shocked we got fucked again
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    Shocked we got fucked again

Golfer how is this a bad beat? You came up 4pts short.

0.0 End of game.
    tx 2nd Half 4.0 Defensive Rebound by Isaiah Taylor
    ksu 2nd Half 4.0 Dean Wade missed 3-pt. Jump Shot
    ksu 2nd Half 13.0 Defensive Rebound by D.J. Johnson
    tx 2nd Half 13.0 Javan Felix missed Free Throw
    ksu 2nd Half 13.0 Personal foul on Justin Edwards
    ksu 2nd Half 18.0 30-second Timeout
    ksu 2nd Half 18.0 Barry Brown made 3-pt. Jump Shot
    tx 2nd Half 31.0 Isaiah Taylor made 2nd of 2 Free Throws
    tx 2nd Half 31.0 Isaiah Taylor made 1st of 2 Free Throws
    edited February 2016
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Golfer how is this a bad beat? You came up 4pts short.

0.0 End of game.
    tx 2nd Half 4.0 Defensive Rebound by Isaiah Taylor
    ksu 2nd Half 4.0 Dean Wade missed 3-pt. Jump Shot
    ksu 2nd Half 13.0 Defensive Rebound by D.J. Johnson
    tx 2nd Half 13.0 Javan Felix missed Free Throw
    ksu 2nd Half 13.0 Personal foul on Justin Edwards
    ksu 2nd Half 18.0 30-second Timeout
    ksu 2nd Half 18.0 Barry Brown made 3-pt. Jump Shot
    tx 2nd Half 31.0 Isaiah Taylor made 2nd of 2 Free Throws
    tx 2nd Half 31.0 Isaiah Taylor made 1st of 2 Free Throws

If the 85% ft shooter makes the front end of a 1-1 with 14 seconds left the game goes either way. I would say we would have a better chance than 50-50 on winning the game. We've lost in this same situation most of the year and this time when we need the over it stays under. The game was never on pace in the second half to go over - I get that. But a lot (most) of the unders we've lost haven't been on pace to go over either but the last 2 minutes has murdered us.
    edited February 2016
    You can't even write this shit
    edited February 2016
    Lol at Winthrop. Never win a game that we shouldn't and lose 50% of the ones we should. Bet we end the year up like 7 units.
  • jmanjman Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    Lol at Winthrop. Never win a game that we shouldn't and lose 50% of the ones we should. Bet we end the year up like 7 units.
    First let me say I agree with 100% of what you said aside from the lol at Winthrop. Edward's Unders have been very strong plays. It's unfortunate that we've lost so many of these games on "foul fests/OT's". It's a marathon not a sprint. Like they say in Rounders, you always remember the bad beats as opposed to the ones you get lucky on. I still am thinking/hoping we will top 20+ Units by the end of the season. That would be unbelievable considering the bad beats we have taken this season.
    edited February 2016
    jman wrote: »
    First let me say I agree with 100% of what you said aside from the lol at Winthrop. Edward's Unders have been very strong plays. It's unfortunate that we've lost so many of these games on "foul fests/OT's". It's a marathon not a sprint. Like they say in Rounders, you always remember the bad beats as opposed to the ones you get lucky on. I still am thinking/hoping we will top 20+ Units by the end of the season. That would be unbelievable considering the bad beats we have taken this season.

Agreed. Really is amazing how we're up double digits right now with all the bad luck.

I kinda feel like dr bob lol