Betting Talk

Middling Props

kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
edited January 2016 in Sports Betting
Just curious if any of the more experienced prop players have had any success middling on yards..for example today I am seeing Owen Daniels Receiving over 22.5(-125) on one site and over 31.5(-175) another. Or will the juice just crush me in the long run?

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2016
    I used to middle props all the time back in the good old days when there were tons more reliable books that offered different prop lines (when I didn't have an opinion of course). Not so much these days.

Anyway, to answer your question, I couldn't tell you the value of each yard for a prop like that but my instinct/experience tells me I wouldn't want to be laying that much juice. I could be wrong of course.
  • ericvandenericvanden Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Did you mean under 31.5 (-175)? If it was over 31.5 (-175), the under would be around +130/+140 and would have definitely wanted to bang both of them at max.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2016
    ericvanden wrote: »
    Did you mean under 31.5 (-175)? If it was over 31.5 (-175), the under would be around +130/+140 and would have definitely wanted to bang both of them at max.

I assumed it was a typo and he meant under.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    My bad yes it was under 31.5 -175...I did just take the over 22.5....my limit on props is $500..I am nowhere near betting that but if I started winning would the PPH's cut me just like the big guys do?
  • hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    kcburgh wrote: »
    My bad yes it was under 31.5 -175...I did just take the over 22.5....my limit on props is $500..I am nowhere near betting that but if I started winning would the PPH's cut me just like the big guys do?

cut you meaning not allow you to play props or cut you off all together? my bet is they put you on a delay and then start ratcheting up the juice/line when you try to bet a soft number. i would think you would have to get them pretty good for them to decide to cut you off completely.
  • ericvandenericvanden Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    It depends on your agent on your PPH as well. There's 2 guys in my area, one has a $100 limit, the other $1k on props. As long as you mix other plays in, you should be OK.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    well they certainly watch college totals..last year when I did some the RAS releases I had about five seconds to get the play in or the line would be unavailable and they would take it off the board..the account is shared so certainly not the only plays in that would make you target it as a steam player..