Betting Talk

Bruce Arians

jammerjammer Senior Member
edited January 2016 in Sports Betting
How you call a pass on 2nd down with 2;25 left and Green Bay having no timeouts is just mind boggling dumb.

Comments

• underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    call him up and ask him
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Jammer, the thread title should read MIKE MCCARTHY. To address your Arians rant, yeah he was overly aggressive on the pass play to LFitzgerald, but he played to win. His counterpart McCarthy played not to lose. #1 He gets a HMary from the football gods. #2He's playing in a hostile environment. #3 He controls his team's destiny. GO FOR 2 to steal the game. Arizona is reeling.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    I agree but understand, everyone has you losing the game and your team stepped up and held a high power offense to 10 points going into the 4th Quarter. Your playing a team that was 2nd in points scored in all of football and your team is coming off it's best preformance of the year. Your record was 10-6 with only a +46 in points and here you have a shot to move on to the last step before the big show. Yes I understand it's just not done in the NFL but as in life Big Risks Big Rewards. I also understand you would have to explain yourself but I really believe you would have gain more respect in the locker room then you ever had. Big Money, Tough calls that need to be made and like every other man in charge your always one bad decision from the door. So I won't blame you but you didn't give yourself that chance.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Ronbets wrote: »
    GO FOR 2 to steal the game. Arizona is reeling.

That can actually be an argument for playing it like he did, as he thinks that his team has all the momentum and doesn't want to risk the game on 1 play if he thinks that they have a better chance of winning it in OT. I really don't have an opinion either way on it as I can see the arguments of both sides. But I don't think that it was a horrible decision or anything.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Without going into details, my calcs are Green Bay has a 50% chance of winning game on 2pc and 48% chance of winning as a pregame 7pt dog in OT.