Any props you like today? I love...

ericvandenericvanden Senior Member
edited January 2016 in Sports Betting
Fitz over 5 catches (-120) @ 5Dimes
KC/NE over 3.5 FG Made (+150) @ Jazz Sports

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Liked last week's props a lot more than this week's. Lots of injuries, guys coming off injury, and question marks I don't care for this week. That said...

I faded Gronk; think he's going to be fairly limited and don't see many big plays in that game to begin with.

If I really like anything after BM posts theirs I'll try to post again.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Ware under 48.5(-120) rushing..dinged up from the game last week...will play but on a bad ankle..last week he had 16 attempts for 67 yds..with a 23 and 12 yd run.
    edited January 2016
    Rules from my PPH on Props:

Player must play in game for action. Game must go 55 minutes for action. Overtime counts towards wager. Any scoring changes after game is official are invalid towards wager.

Define "play"..is that active? In Box Score?
    edited January 2016
    kcburgh wrote: »
    Rules from my PPH on Props:

Player must play in game for action. Game must go 55 minutes for action. Overtime counts towards wager. Any scoring changes after game is official are invalid towards wager.

Define "play"..is that active? In Box Score?

At most books it means he must step onto the field for a snap, not just be active.
    edited January 2016
    do kickoff's count..LOL
  • Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    I'll take Aaron Rodgers to throw an INT all day.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited January 2016
    do kickoff's count..LOL

It should.
  • ricodotricodot Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    so did ware play? how is it graded?
  • Joey KnishJoey Knish Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    ricodot wrote: »

Yes. It was graded as a win.
  • ricodotricodot Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    why is it graded as a win if he attempts no rushes?
    edited January 2016
    why is it graded as a win if he attempts no rushes?

I assume he was on the field. As I mentioned earlier, the player must enter the game, He doesn't have to record stats to have played.

And yes, kickoffs most definitely count. I had a RB in the exact same situation last week (I'm blanking on who it was) and I saw him out there on kickoff coverage so I knew he played and my under cashed even though I don't think he saw an offensive snap.

EDIT: It was Chris Polk.
    edited January 2016

my book graded it as no action..
    edited January 2016
    Goats wrote: »
    I assume he was on the field. As I mentioned earlier, the player must enter the game, He doesn't have to record stats to have played.

And yes, kickoffs most definitely count. I had a RB in the exact same situation last week (I'm blanking on who it was) and I saw him out there on kickoff coverage so I knew he played and my under cashed even though I don't think he saw an offensive snap.

EDIT: It was Chris Polk.

how can I prove he did play on the kickoffs..they were touch backs..
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited January 2016
    how can I prove he did play on the kickoffs..they were touch backs..

I don't know the source for their data (in case your book didn't accept this), but Pro Football Reference has him as playing 7 snaps on Special Teams...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201601160nwe.htm
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Russell Wilson 1st TD Scorer +1200 (Bovada) $50/$600
    edited January 2016
    TommyL wrote: »
    I don't know the source for their data (in case your book didn't accept this), but Pro Football Reference has him as playing 7 snaps on Special Teams...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201601160nwe.htm

Thanks after calling and sitting on hold for 20 mins did reverse and pay me.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Thanks after calling and sitting on hold for 20 mins did reverse and pay me.

Glad you were credited KCB.

The old slogan, "things even out in the end". Everyone think about all their misgraded props and results. Are they about even, your favor or against? I think I know the answer to that. Many BMs apply the mantra, "when in doubt mark it as a loser." You mighta got jobbed without even knowing it.
    edited January 2016
    I have no doubt Ron is right in some cases. That said, it's also not uncommon for props to be misgraded in situations like this when you take a backup who doesn't actually record a stat and only plays ST's.

I had a similar situation on Sunday. I had Vernon Davis under at two different shops (one was BM). Even I didn't think he had played and both shops graded them as pushes. Turns out he actually played one snap. I didn't realize until the next morning. BM had already corrected it (someone else likely contacted them as the under got pounded for obvious reasons) and after an email to the other shop they also corrected it and apologized in a timely fashion.

In any case, always good to hear/experience when mistakes are corrected.