Betting Talk

Golf betting

golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
edited January 2016 in Sports Betting
I'm thinking about posting some golf matchups this year. I have never taken golf betting seriously nor done much of it at all. I do not have a model and I won't be betting most of these myself but I will bet some. I will be making my picks based on my past experiences with golf, the PGA tour, and how and what I deem important for that particular week. Also will factor in some recent form.

They will be all head to head full tournament matchups and daily tournament matchups. I will not post any (to win tournament picks)

Most likely my biggest edges will be on Saturdays and Sunday's when a non star player on tour in is the mix. That is when they will have matchups for a lot of the guys that I know well.

We will see how it goes.

Do any of you guys bet golf seriously? What is max bet on a lot of these types of wagers?

Comments

• Fat PolamaluFat Polamalu Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Do it!

I bet on it quite a bit, but Im not a max bettor. My current max bet on pinny for todays matchups is listed at $1410.20 in Canadian funds which is probably about $20 usd.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm not a max bettor either, I was just curious what people could get down on these types of wagers.
  • turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    If you win at golf matchups like any other prop bet; it gets harder and harder to find outs with high limits. I am happy with a $200 or $300 limit and I play at several sites for better odds and to spread the plays. You may find a $500 limit but it may not last long. I am talking about mostly off screen places. Good luck with your plays.
  • gatorshoosiersgatorshoosiers Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    I bet pretty much every tournament. Picking the winner each week is 90% of my bets for the week then some match-ups.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    bookmaker takes 2k and has money line and spread
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Non W/A will shut you down in no time.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Kashmir wrote: »
    Non W/A will shut you down in no time.

You're getting a little ahead of yourself............you gotta win first.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about posting some golf matchups this year. I have never taken golf betting seriously nor done much of it at all. I do not have a model and I won't be betting most of these myself but I will bet some. I will be making my picks based on my past experiences with golf, the PGA tour, and how and what I deem important for that particular week. Also will factor in some recent form.

They will be all head to head full tournament matchups and daily tournament matchups. I will not post any (to win tournament picks)

Most likely my biggest edges will be on Saturdays and Sunday's when a non star player on tour in is the mix. That is when they will have matchups for a lot of the guys that I know well.

We will see how it goes.

Do any of you guys bet golf seriously? What is max bet on a lot of these types of wagers?

I enjoy betting golf but your saying that your going to post plays but won't bet all the plays you post I don't get that. If you bet plays that you didn't post because of numbers I could understand that. But what's the purpose of posting plays and not betting them why not just track it yourself and see how they do. Are you going to keep it a secert which ones you bet and the ones you don't. Never heard a person say I'm going to post plays but not bet all of them.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Are you going to keep it a secert which ones you bet and the ones you don't. Never heard a person say I'm going to post plays but not bet all of them.

Golfer seems likea good guy, but he's picking up bad habits from some of these touts. I think they call it 'toutspeak'. IOW totally non-transparent. lol