Betting Talk

3 Unanswered Scores Prop

hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
edited December 2015 in Sports Betting
are there official "house" rules on this out there in Vegas? the Carolina/NO game was graded as a loser on the "No" at one shop and a loser on the "Yes" as another. One book is clear as to how that prop is handled regarding the 2 pt conversions but another shop is not. just curious and shame on me for not having it clear from the get go. I will say these line "discrepancies" existed last year (and years prior) before the rule change but definitely on me for not clarifying this prior to playing some of these this year. thanks

Comments

• hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    hornsfan wrote: »
    are there official "house" rules on this out there in Vegas? the Carolina/NO game was graded as a loser on the "No" at one shop and a loser on the "Yes" as another. One book is clear as to how that prop is handled regarding the 2 pt conversions but another shop is not. just curious and shame on me for not having it clear from the get go. I will say these line "discrepancies" existed last year (and years prior) before the rule change but definitely on me for not clarifying this prior to playing some of these this year. thanks

Finally had a little more time to dig into this and pull everything together. Submitted this post at another forum moments ago but would appreciate any feedback anybody here can provide. thanks

Anybody here help me with their understanding of how most/all books are grading this prop for that game? I had a no and a yes bet on it and both books are grading the plays as a loss. One book clearly has the rules spelled out as below:

-Score 3 Unanswered Times - Forecast whether either team will score 3 consecutive times during the game. A Score excludes any PATs (point after touchdown or 2 point conversions).

From the NFL's website it clearly states it as a 2 point conversion: "S.Anthony defensive two point conversion."- http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201512...25&tab=analyze

Therefore, my thought is that the book listed above has graded this incorrectly and the "Yes" should have hit for this game.

The other book does not have a clear rules section and I am trying to talk to my agent to understand their stance. The score in question obviously came off of the blocked PAT and run back for 2 points. Is there consensus or does anybody have a better understanding of how most books in Vegas and offshore are grading that prop? For reference, Pinnacle's rules on it are below as well:

"For will either team score 2, 3, 4, or 5 unanswered times propositions, extra points and two point conversions do not count."

Thanks for your help.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    This defensive 2pt conversion was a 1st ever. IOW no precedent. Knowing some of these goniff pph's, it was a freeroll for them. Battle it out with agent. Ever notice their motto? "The customer is never right." All done in a Spanish accent.
  • hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    This defensive 2pt conversion was a 1st ever. IOW no precedent. Knowing some of these goniff pph's, it was a freeroll for them. Battle it out with agent.

agree. that is going to be my approach but was just trying to collect as much info as i could regarding how vegas/reputable offshore books (oxymoron?) have approached this new wrinkle before arguing with them.