Betting Talk

What exactly is a catch in the NFL ?

golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
edited November 2015 in Sports Betting
It's amazing what the NFL has turned catch, and no catch into? I don't think anyone knows what it is honestly.

Comments

• kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    No one knows what is or isn't a catch, just one of the many reasons the NFL is a joke
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    I agree Kane, it's becoming pretty clear that no one really knows what it is. Hope your well buddy.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm fine, thanks
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    I agree. I've been saying this for a long time on a running play all you have to do is break the front of the goal line and it's a touchdown. Just to throw in a pet peeve why do QB's go into a shotgun in a 4th and inches and you see 99% of them doing it. Can't they go under center anymore there's no reading the defense just get the ball and dive between the tackle and Guard what side let them figure that out. By getting into a shot gun you give the defense to much time to react. Anyway back to a catch.

Meanwhile a receiver catches the ball two feet hit the ground in the end zone he gets hit rolls and losses' the ball and the ball comes out and it's no catch. WTF They say he has to complete the play well he caught the ball with two feet in the end zone is that not completing the play. Lots of luck betting the NFL every Sunday.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    OT - agree with you on the run/catch difference. I don't understand that either. Catch just can't cross the plane, but it can on a run. Really strange.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Controversy = eyeballs. Eyeballs = $$$. The NFL is about NOTHING but $$$. Until they start losing eyeballs it will be status quo.
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    kane wrote: »
    No one knows what is or isn't a catch, just one of the many reasons the NFL is a joke

I had to take a philosophy class when I was in college four years ago. And this is the first time that I have been able to apply anything I learned in school to real life situations.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus

The NFL has become the Ship of Theseus. In other words, it has changed so much that it is no longer the same thing that it started as. The changes were so gradual that most of the true fans didn't notice.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    The changes were so gradual that most of the true fans didn't notice.

Almost all of the changes they made in the past 10 years is to draw larger crowds to the stadiums so it can fill their pockets. In another 5 years or so a running back won't even exist it will be 100% passing.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    Almost all of the changes they made in the past 10 years is to draw larger crowds to the stadiums so it can fill their pockets. In another 5 years or so a running back won't even exist it will be 100% passing.

Only if it gets more suckers to play DFS and help line their pockets more.