Betting Talk

Michigan

golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
edited November 2015 in Sports Betting
Ohio state is punting out of their end zone in first quarter. Michigan gonna get great field position. They rough the punter so first down for Ohio state. That is a fireable offence to me, I would fire the fuck out of the special teams coach.
Fucking idiot!

Comments

• cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Ohio state is punting out of their end zone in first quarter. Michigan gonna get great field position. They rough the punter so first down for Ohio state. That is a fireable offence to me, I would fire the fuck out of the special teams coach.
    Fucking idiot!
    1st quarter play on Michigan?
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2015
    cpech56 wrote: »
    1st quarter play on Michigan?

Started drinking early today?
    edited November 2015
    Goats wrote: »

Me? No.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Goats wrote: »

Lol no, I am actually taking the day off from drinking. Had plenty last night watching the Baylor game.

No first quarter play for me, it's just something that I have no idea why they wouldn't tell their kids to get no where near the kicker. It's the dumbest thing in the world in my opinion, especially in that situation.
    edited November 2015
    Lol no, I am actually taking the day off from drinking. Had plenty last night watching the Baylor game.

No first quarter play for me, it's just something that I have no idea why they wouldn't tell their kids to get no where near the kicker. It's the dumbest thing in the world in my opinion, especially in that situation.

I disagree. I think it's a great time to go after it. That early it's less expected. The announcers also said the timing was noticeable off on the first punt. I'm assuming Michigan coordinators picked up on that as well.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited November 2015
    Fucking idiot!

So you'd fire John Baxter based upon one play, even though he's considered one of the top Special Teams coaches in the country? I'm sure you'd assemble quite the coaching staff with such level-headed decisions.
    edited November 2015
    Ok say he's not fired. It's extremely stupid to do that. Agree or disagree?
    edited November 2015
    If you rough the punter in that situation about to get the ball in their territory, you are an idiot. Period.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2015
    cpech56 wrote: »
    Me? No.

No, sorry, meant golfer. It's kind of an ongoing joke. I added your quote as I was offering an additional guess as to the cause of his post. Apologies for the misunderstanding.
    edited November 2015
    If you rough the punter in that situation about to get the ball in their territory, you are an idiot. Period.

Any time I've called a punt block in a game I've done so knowing I risk the roughing call. That's just high school though. I still like the call to go after it.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    What most people forget is athletes are always trying to make a play and that's what they do. It's no different then blaming a defensive player for trying to pick up a fumble and score and blows the turnover. Cant blame these guys for trying to make plays that's what the game is all about making plays and sometimes you screw up.

Fire the coach forgive me but I didn't see the coach lineup and I'll bet you the coaches all of them didn't say a word because that's what they want aggressiveness don't be afraid to play. You never played ball did you golfer. This wasn't a mental mistake like 3rd and 1 and your guard is called for a false start big difference.

Yes Go Buckeyes my wife is so pissed.
    edited November 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    What most people forget is athletes are always trying to make a play and that's what they do. It's no different then blaming a defensive player for trying to pick up a fumble and score and blows the turnover. Cant blame these guys for trying to make plays that's what the game is all about making plays and sometimes you screw up.

Fire the coach forgive me but I didn't see the coach lineup and I'll bet you the coaches all of them didn't say a word because that's what they want aggressiveness don't be afraid to play. You never played ball did you golfer. This wasn't a mental mistake like 3rd and 1 and your guard is called for a false start big difference.

Yes Go Buckeyes my wife is so pissed.

Playing aggressive and playing smart are two completely different things. I'm all for playing aggressive, but In that situation you should be taking a conservative approach and playing aggressive with that conservative approach.

It's like golf, say I got a 2 shot lead on 18. I'm mid fairway and the pin is cut 4 from the right, with water on the right. I'm going to pick a conservative target (mid green, or 30 feet left) then make an aggressive swing at that target. That is playing smart, while still being confident and aggressive toward my aiming point.
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Playing aggressive and playing smart are two completely different things. I'm all for playing aggressive, but In that situation you should be taking a conservative approach and playing aggressive with that conservative approach.

It's like golf, say I got a 2 shot lead on 18. I'm mid fairway and the pin is cut 4 from the right, with water on the right. I'm going to pick a conservative target (mid green, or 30 feet left) then make an aggressive swing at that target. That is playing smart, while still being confident and aggressive toward my aiming point.

Two totally different scenarios though. You're talking about the FINAL hole of the golf tournament vs the 1st quarter of a game. Now, if you are telling me it's the middle to end of the 4th quarter, and game is within reach, of course I set up the return there as opposed to being aggressive.
    edited November 2015
    jammer wrote: »
    Two totally different scenarios though. You're talking about the FINAL hole of the golf tournament vs the 1st quarter of a game. Now, if you are telling me it's the middle to end of the 4th quarter, and game is within reach, of course I set up the return there as opposed to being aggressive.

Your right they are kinda different. So what it would be like is being on the 3rd hole in the final round of the tournament and tied for the lead. Take on that flag and hit it in the water, kill momentum and put yourself behind early in the round. That is stupid. If we ran some math on that exact scenario, I guarntee you the math would say to not get near the punter. I'd bet everything I own saying the math would be on my side as to not rough him.