Betting Talk

Quickest to move line on the strip

2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
edited November 2015 in Sports Betting
Hey guys,

Gonna be in Vegas first week of December. Most likely going to be staying at one of the MGM properties. Was wondering if I will have any luck being able to get in the RAS 2hs at the window ? How does MGM move compared to CG or Wynn ? Anyone have any experience trying to bet the RAS stuff in Vegas ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited November 2015
    Depending on the game, you may not have a ton of luck getting 2H numbers, especially on the totals. Many times Vegas books do not post certain games, especially 2H totals. Someone in Vegas could give a better estimate but would have tempered expectations.
  • Casper WareCasper Ware Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    thought westgate had totals while offshore did not at times
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited November 2015
    On non TV games yes, but we wouldn't be able to release 2h totals on non TV anyway assuming it wasn't WA.
  • lilylily Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Not going to be easy, if you use the Vegas apps similar to offscreen pph you will be put on a delay or bet rejected..also any delay/lines at walkup counter will be enough time to miss release # not saying you can't have some success but will need some other options imo
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    I remember about 5 years ago trying to get RAS numbers on college hoops when I was in Vegas. I was shocked that they didn't even offer totals. These were non tv obviously but still quite a fucking joke.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    "quite a fucking joke."

Sums up Vegas books in a nutshell.
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited November 2015
    Setting up an app account will be your best bet. I have to imagine you'd have a better chance there than at a counter.