Betting Talk

1st to Score Prop question

ericvandenericvanden Senior Member
edited November 2015 in Sports Betting
Just curious if anybody know how much value there is when you know who is going to receive the opening kickoff? For example, today Minneosta is (-120) to score 1st. Hypothetically if you know Minny is getting the ball first, where should the line be? Essentially, Im asking how much value is there in knowing who will be getting the ball first in relation to getting the 1st score? Thanks for any feedback on this.

E

Comments

• cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    According to Elias, the team receiving the ball scores 1st 59% of the time. So def some value, are your props staying open until kickoff?
  • ericvandenericvanden Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Yeah I have a local who will take pretty much anything up til kickoff, $200 max wager though.
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    ericvanden wrote: »
    Yeah I have a local who will take pretty much anything up til kickoff, $200 max wager though.

Also an edge playing a first quarter side knowing that.
    edited November 2015
    Yeah I am going to go back and look the past 3-4 years and run the numbers and see where I would have come out sometime this week. Unless, somebody has this already figured out? :) Which part of the state are you in Bumpo? Im also in WI. Appreciate the help guys!
    edited November 2015
    ericvanden wrote: »
    Yeah I am going to go back and look the past 3-4 years and run the numbers and see where I would have come out sometime this week. Unless, somebody has this already figured out? :) Which part of the state are you in Bumpo? Im also in WI. Appreciate the help guys!
    Near Miltown. Getting ready to hunker down for the winter.
    edited November 2015
    Yeah I hate winters here. GF is the only thing keeping me here (Western WI). Do you have a local down there?
    edited November 2015
    Spent 20 years in SoCal, now back to this. :wacko:
    No local. Wish I did.