Betting Talk

Husker v Sparty tomorrow night...

newcombenewcombe Senior Member
edited November 2015 in Sports Betting
any thoughts here gents? line has pretty much held its own which I suppose i'm somewhat surprised it made its way back to 5 or 5' for now. Even though the fan base is certainly down, the house will still be as packed as ever. Will be good to have Tommy back after last week but without the husker O/D lines somehow winning or atleast severely battling in the trenches then I just don't see how they keep it w/in a td... too may drop balls on offense, too may non-running offensive plays, too many missed tackles and too many penalties... all things you just can't do against sparty. we'll see how it plays out and i'll be front and center with my 4 yr old rooting them on as will he :)...

Comments

• newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Jordan Stevenson bailed out today... not sure what to think about that or what the real reason he left was. i'm sure he'll resurface somewhere that allows his education to be secondary to the game and i'm sure he'll be successful "on the field".
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Played Nebraska ML @ +200. Lots of talk this week about Strength of Schedule and the relevance to how high MSU and Iowa are ranked. Both will trip up eventually and tomorrow looks like perfect day. Huskers are due for a W. Was going to ask you this awhile back and forgot to. We traveled over to Lincoln to watch Iowa State play a few years back. We met some family friends that like to party at some bar downtown I think, maybe close to the stadium...little foggy. Anyway the bar had like a 5 person house band of 60+ year olds. They played screw the sooners songs amongst a number of others. They went around and poured shots of tequila in your mouth while you tipped your head back in your chair. Any chance you know what place I'm talking about? We're coming over for the Iowa Nebraska game Black Friday and want to go back there.

Took Indiana at +7 And your Huskers ML.

Completely irrelevant to the Nebraska/Michigan State game but tomorrow Iowa State travels to Oklahoma. This team has looked completely different since returning 5th year qb Richardson was benched at half of the Baylor game. They went on to cover against Baylor and won the 2nd half. Followed that up by absolutely owning a Texas team just two weeks off of beating Oklahoma. Rhoads has the guys fighting for his job and many are beginning to believe he may have done enough already. In my opinion tomorrow is another demoralizing day for Cyclone Nation. I have Oklahoma by 30+. Slight lean on the Under as well. Sooner will see lots of read option with Lanning and Warren. Good luck to your Huskers Newcombe.
  • olemiss10olemiss10 Member
    edited November 2015
    Think Michigan State is overrated compared to an Iowa team coming into this seasons with no hype or any talk. Don't think the Hawks slip and might be the best all around team in the B1G... Yes I said it.... A top run defense in the country with only one rushing TD allowed and holding all, but 2 opps under 100 yards. A O-line that's experienced and young at certain positions, but has allowed 4 Iowa backs to look like number ones. Although CJ Beathard is banged up and Canzeri most likely out. I like the hawks to stay balanced and stay perfect at Indiana. That said I don't trust MSU on the road, but would like to see the line move back to 6 or even to 6.5 before i would touch it. Sorry, as you can tell I am a little biased towards Iowa. GL the rest of the way and hope this doesn't come back to bite.
    edited November 2015
    Cpech u may be referring to the old sidetrack which I don't believe is in existence any longer. Crazy times at that join though with the band and mayhem.
    edited November 2015
    newcombe wrote: »
    Cpech u may be referring to the old sidetrack which I don't believe is in existence any longer. Crazy times at that join though with the band and mayhem.

You nailed it. Some great times in there.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    I cant not believe what I just saw!!!
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    WHOA, not sure I agree with the call but it counts
  • CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Can someone recap please? I turned it to the other game after they didn't get the onside kick...
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    kcburgh wrote: »
    I cant not believe what I just saw!!!

What you saw was the play call for Mich St on 3rd and 8 lose them the game. They inexplicably faked it to the running back, then handed it off to the tight end coming around and they get a holding call. The holding call forces the play clock down from 45 to 25 seconds costing Mich St 20 seconds more to run the clock down. Nebraska would of had the ball at their own 9 with 35 seconds left. Dumb.
    edited November 2015
    after a season filled mostly with heartache and turmoil... great to get the biggest husker win in quite some time. a lot of fight in these boys...
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    jammer wrote: »
    What you saw was the play call for Mich St on 3rd and 8 lose them the game. They inexplicably faked it to the running back, then handed it off to the tight end coming around and they get a holding call. The holding call forces the play clock down from 45 to 25 seconds costing Mich St 20 seconds more to run the clock down. Nebraska would of had the ball at their own 9 with 35 seconds left. Dumb.

agree ...surprised the announcers actually noticed the mishap.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Congrats Newc, finally one for the good guys
    edited November 2015
    lincoln is certainly happy and celebrating for the first time in awhile... on to next week with some hope.
    edited November 2015
    was really great to see the O line battle and essentially dominate the sparty attack. Cross ran like a beast and if you didn't see 1 of Tommys TD runs to the corner when he lower the boom on that def player in order to score, there was alot of will. good stuff.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    That was a self preservation no-call reversal for the officiating crew. Not only this game but various others, if you are gonna ignore obvious errors why have replay at all.
    edited November 2015
    sparty shouldn't have even allowed the huskers to make it down there just like Coach D said... good win either way and husker fans will take it. see what they can do next week vs Rutgers and then bring in Iowa with a chance to shatter another teams season and hopefully get the big red in to a bowl game.

technically i don't believe the call was review-able after they confirmed on the field initially anyhow so not sure what the review was even for...
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    That was a self preservation no-call reversal for the officiating crew. Not only this game but various others, if you are gonna ignore obvious errors why have replay at all.

Really. Every late call in these college games goes to the home team, the Michigan St/Nebraska one just happens to be todays most egregious. The officiating is as bad or worse than I've ever seen it in any sport.
    edited November 2015
    Crazy game. I can't imagine the scene in Lincoln last night. Might have to travel over to that Nebraska game in a couple weeks. Should be a fun environment
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited November 2015
    Karma is a bitch.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »

I had Nebraska +4, chalked it up as a loss. When I saw the play live, I couldn't believe he was that open, then the announcer says he stepped out of bounds, so I'm expecting the TD to not count. After looking at the replay, my first thought was, the ref made a bad call and there's no way the TD will stand since he didn't appear to be forced out, but then they go to replay, I didn't think something like that was even allowed to be replayed, anyway, it worked out in the end. I can't even imagine what that place would have looked like had they disallowed the score, especially after everything the Huskers have gone through this year
  • Joey KnishJoey Knish Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    StevieY wrote: »
    Karma is a bitch.

Agreed. Sparty has gotten the best of it for a long time.