Betting Talk

GGM1976 - Question

TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
edited November 2015 in Sports Betting
ggm1976 wrote: »
My opinion yes...there used to be a lot more back in the day

Just curious...Who do you consider the top 4-5 cappers that you're referring to in this post? Thanks.

Comments

• ggm1976ggm1976 Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    TommyL wrote: »
    Just curious...Who do you consider the top 4-5 cappers that you're referring to in this post? Thanks.

Im sure you know who is and who isn't, this thread got ruined already by your other buddy, not gonna ruin it more, but you are great at college basketball from what i see.....
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited November 2015
    Since we obviously don't want to clog up fishboom's thread, I'll move it over here for you to answer. And it's a sincere question (I'll even ignore your shot at me in your post), as I'm interested in hearing who all of the good posters that you're referring to are that have left. And no, I'm not "sure" since I can't think of "a lot more back in the day" that no longer post here.

I'm really just curious as to if I'm forgetting about a lot of good cappers that have left, or if we have a different opinion of some of the people that have left. Thanks.
  • PettimorePettimore Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm fucking old and don't have that much time left........I remember the first time I was in Vegas....I bet on Oral Roberst plus 5 and they scribbled it on piece of paper.......I find it amazing that someone wastes a minute of there life checking to see if someone posted a pick at 2:23 or 2:25
    edited November 2015
    Pettimore wrote: »
    I'm fucking old and don't have that much time left........I remember the first time I was in Vegas....I bet on Oral Roberst plus 5 and they scribbled it on piece of paper.......I find it amazing that someone wastes a minute of there life checking to see if someone posted a pick at 2:23 or 2:25

Great answer to this thread, there you go Tommy, here is someone you can talk to....Tommy, honestly what is there to talk about here between us...u have made it a point to show the board that u dislike me and muscle other people around on here through words on a computer, so why don't we stick to sports betting & respect people's opinions on here...i gave the guy a compliment & didn't want to see him leave the board, got twisted around cause people have way too much time in the sandbox...Good luck the rest of the way, no need to go back and forth
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Tommy you been on the Muscle again.:laughing:
    edited November 2015
    Great answer to this thread, there you go Tommy, here is someone you can talk to....Tommy, honestly what is there to talk about here between us...u have made it a point to show the board that u dislike me and muscle other people around on here through words on a computer, so why don't we stick to sports betting & respect people's opinions on here...i gave the guy a compliment & didn't want to see him leave the board, got twisted around cause people have way too much time in the sandbox...Good luck the rest of the way, no need to go back and forth

So you're willing to throw out statements talking about how there used to be a lot of good cappers here and there are only a couple left, but you're not willing to give a few examples of these good cappers? Who is it that you're talking about? I'm not trying to muscle anyone or create any drama, I'd just like to know who these good cappers are that we've driven away with our moderation. Can you give me any examples?

As far as not liking you, I've had no problem at all with you other than the couple of shots that you've taken at my hoops picks over the last few weeks (and with how poorly the last two seasons have gone, they certainly have sucked, though I'm not one that would ever mock someone that's willing to take the time to put their picks out there).
    edited November 2015
    Pettimore wrote: »
    I find it amazing that someone wastes a minute of there life checking to see if someone posted a pick at 2:23 or 2:25

I wish that all of my bookies had that attitude. Unfortunately, some of those fuckers aren't willing to give me an RAS line after the movement, even if I did only miss by 2 minutes.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Tommy, there's smoke coming outta my computer. R U generating it? "Seth/Ashley, call the fire department!"
  • PettimorePettimore Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    it sucks to be you, I'm glad I don't have those problems
    edited November 2015
    TommyL wrote: »
    So you're willing to throw out statements talking about how there used to be a lot of good cappers here and there are only a couple left, but you're not willing to give a few examples of these good cappers? Who is it that you're talking about? I'm not trying to muscle anyone or create any drama, I'd just like to know who these good cappers are that we've driven away with our moderation. Can you give me any examples?

As far as not liking you, I've had no problem at all with you other than the couple of shots that you've taken at my hoops picks over the last few weeks (and with how poorly the last two seasons have gone, they certainly have sucked, though I'm not one that would ever mock someone that's willing to take the time to put their picks out there).

You have also taken shots at me in the past & a others without warrant, but yeah i shouldn't have stooped to that level & it pains me to say it but i have to respect someone who puts their picks out there win or lose...As far as handicappers, people that come to mind are Sunbelter, Fishboom, MikeRas, and of course Ed, might be another one or two that i can't think of at the moment. People that have left have been many, to go back 8 years and recall takes time, but many left due to drama, getting scolded cause they made a mistake with a win/loss percentage or people not respecting like you said the time being put in to display a play. Recently SweetJones i thought was a good NBA handicapper who did things by the book on this board and someone always found something negative to say. Tommy, you are not gonna agree with everyone on here, people will say stupid things, but this is a forum & everyone should really have fun with it.
  • jaysonjayson Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Jafar, BlackJack21, ChrisRiddle, footballpix, RoberyBIrish,

Not trying to add to the drama, but I was tryin to rattle my brain after seeing Tooomy repeatedly ask for a few decent cappers from the past. Couple of those names go waaay back.
  • ericvandenericvanden Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Was going to post something asking if anybody has heard from Jake lately since that twitter issue with bob. Miss those 2Hs. Anybody know how he did last year? Is he posting in general somewhere else?
  • SanManSanMan Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    odiecab, catwitnoname, bklr, owens81, biggt, jackson21 and the list goes on and on.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    ericvanden wrote: »
    Was going to post something asking if anybody has heard from Jake lately since that twitter issue with bob. Miss those 2Hs. Anybody know how he did last year? Is he posting in general somewhere else?

Without getting into details, the whole thing with Jake posting Bob's halftimes didn't work out. Jake was posting them pretty consistently for a short while, then very sporadically, then completely stopped altogether. I no longer have the numbers, but of all the plays that were posted, they were right around .500, believe me, you didn't miss anything
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm pretty sure many of the cappers that you mentioned didn't really have an edge over the market, otherwise they'd have services already or they'd be part of a team. Most guys stop posting because they actually lost their ass to the bookies and are tired of it.

Psychology and perception are a wonderful thing.

ps. In all the posts I've read from Tommy, I can't recall a single one being aimed at somebody with the intention to ridicule/attack or whatever you think (/perceive) he did.
  • SanManSanMan Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Obi One wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure many of the cappers that you mentioned didn't really have an edge over the market, otherwise they'd have services already or they'd be part of a team. Most guys stop posting because they actually lost their ass to the bookies and are tired of it.

Not sure if I understand.

So anyone who has an edge over the market would already have a service or be part of a team? What does that say for the people who still do post? This site use to have a great deal of traffic and many daily posters. The almost impossible to follow rules for posting drove them away. I would imagine that lack of traffic is why there are fewer people advertising. There use to be many.

For you to say they must have lost there ass when you can basically follow the demise of this site starting with the date the direction of bettingtalk came out.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited November 2015
    I cannot imagine anyone with a market edge disagreeing with our (optional) recordkeeping rules.

Nearly all of the examples provided so far did not win, and even fewer were driven away by rules and/or mods.
    edited November 2015
    SanMan wrote: »
    you can basically follow the demise of this site starting with the date the direction of bettingtalk came out.

Could not disagree more. I like the site much more today than where it was before that date.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2015
    Editing this post b/c it was going to be pretty redundant now that I've seen Ed's two posts above.

Needless to say, I strongly agree with both of them.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    SanMan wrote: »
    The almost impossible to follow rules for posting drove them away.

As I said before,
    Isn't PERCEPTION a wonderful thing?!

I honestly have no problem following the rules and I also completely understand why they're formulated as such. The problem you have with those rules speaks volumes.
    edited November 2015
    Guys good luck this weekend, hope everyone wins..this stuff all started over a compliment to a fellow poster who i didnt want to see disappear...life is too short boys
    edited November 2015
    this stuff all started over a compliment to a fellow poster who i didnt want to see disappear

It didn't start over a compliment. It started over the misconception that good and/or winning posters leave the site because of rules/moderation. If Fishboom or anyone else were to leave today, it would be on them and nothing else.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Oh cool, would hate to see you get booted cause they have strict rules here about record keeping thats all...good luck this weekend!

This is what started it back in Boom's Thread and if you were aware Boom doesn't use a pick thread he puts out a couple every week (Winners I might add) in a different thrend so nobody was going to ruin anything. Sorry Goats I'm done just wanted to set the record straight on how it started.
    edited November 2015
    Wow....honestly if you guys will go back i thanked the guy for his pick and asked if he had a record because i thought that was what was required on here....I enjoy fishboom posting his picks, thats all. Old-timer I'm sorry i ruined your day, it hurts but I'm sure you will have a better day tomorrow...
    edited November 2015
    kane wrote: »
    Without getting into details, the whole thing with Jake posting Bob's halftimes didn't work out. Jake was posting them pretty consistently for a short while, then very sporadically, then completely stopped altogether. I no longer have the numbers, but of all the plays that were posted, they were right around .500, believe me, you didn't miss anything

Just curious. Why would you make a statement like that? A feel good finale? HV's halftimes continued to win.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Just curious. Why would you make a statement like that? A feel good finale? HV's halftimes continued to win.

After Jake stopped posting the plays for free, he started his own site and starting charging for the plays. Me and another guy bought the plays and split the cost. Like I said, at first the plays were being posted consistently, shortly after, very sporadically, then stopped altogether. At the time Jake disappeared and stopped posting, the plays were hitting at about a 50/50 clip, so it's not like the plays were even winning. The only good thing about it was that we were able to get our money back. I should have known better than to get involved with Jake, but the opportunity to get Bob's plays was just too good to pass up. If Bob's halftime plays continued to win, it didn't matter, since Jake stopped posting them shortly after he started charging for them
    edited November 2015
    kane wrote: »
    If Bob's halftime plays continued to win, it didn't matter, since Jake stopped posting them shortly after he started charging for them

OK this makes sense. You didn't get the guys full body of work. What puzzles me is the refund. Credit Card chargeback?
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    OK this makes sense. You didn't get the guys full body of work. What puzzles me is the refund. Credit Card chargeback?

I'm not exactly sure as my partner took care of it, he was the one who signed up and I sent him my half of the cost
  • jaysonjayson Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Damn I didn't get my 15 hunge back