Betting Talk

NBA Discussion Thread 2015/16

underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
edited February 2016 in Sports Betting
Post any NBA info you have in this thread regarding injuries, or any ideas concerning the NBA.

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Not many Key Cav's played enough minutes to get into game shape this early like Love and Thompson and no Irving leaving the Cav's missing a key piece this early

"Derrick Rose made his preseason debut, playing just over 10 minutes, then said he's on track to play in the Bulls' season opener next week"

"Derrick Rose will see action in the Bulls' season opener on Tuesday, but with three games in four days, coach Fred Hoiberg said he'll keep an eye on his minutes"
  • rookrook Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I was thinking both Lebron and Rose would play limited minutes, but I suspect that with Obama going to the game, Lebron won't settle for limited minutes...that, plus the fact that Lebron likes to get a good start on a new season. Anyway, I'll try for a second half bet, keeping the original 3.5 point spread in mind...
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Bump.. got lost in the Bt shuffle :basketball:
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Contrary to the line movement, I have a strong feeling that the big guys will fuck up the spacing in the CHI/PHI contest. Strongly looking at the under there. After what went down in their last game (no FG last 11 minutes) I also think they come out blazing vs a team known for weak starts.

CHI -5 1H and CHI/PHI FG U197 have value imo.

thoughts?
    edited November 2015
    Philly has a decent team but it will take time for them to Jell together. Lots of mismatches on the floor for Philly like D Rose vs McConnell. Rose should have his way vs McConnell. Sauce is mismatched on D vs Butler. Only Philly player I like here is Noel. Chicago should be ready to pounce after yesterday's disappointing OT loss to the Wolves.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    Philly has a decent team but it will take time for them to Jell together. Lots of mismatches on the floor for Philly like D Rose vs McConnell. Rose should have his way vs McConnell. Sauce is mismatched on D vs Butler. Only Philly player I like here is Noel. Chicago should be ready to pounce after yesterday's disappointing OT loss to the Wolves.

He's out tonight
    edited November 2015
    Yep, sixers are in trouble
    edited November 2015
    Yep, sixers are in trouble

Not if Bulls miss 16 of 17 shots in Q2
    worthless
    edited November 2015
    Yeah they look a bit slugish. Gasol 24 secs left up by 9
    edited November 2015
    Some player props I played (with European odds behind them):

Kristaps Porzingis Over 12.5 @2.05
    Kris Middleton Under 14.5 @1.85
    Deron Williams Over 13.5 @1.85
    edited November 2015
    Obi One wrote: »
    Some player props I played (with European odds behind them):

Kristaps Porzingis Over 12.5 @2.05
    Kris Middleton Under 14.5 @1.85
    Deron Williams Over 13.5 @1.85

I like the Middleton prop since he is -6% DVP
    edited November 2015
    I like the Middleton prop since he is -6% DVP

Wut?
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    The Heat just traded Mario Chalmers to the Grizz in a salary dump. I always liked Rio, inconsistent at times, but I think he's a pretty good backup combo guard
    edited November 2015
    More time for dragic now
    edited November 2015
    Wut?

he is -6% defense vs position on league based avg vs Boston
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    More time for dragic now

Actually, this opens up more playing time for Tyler Johnson, he'll now be the primary backup to Dragic. I don't know how much of him you've seen, but the kid can play, he's extremely athletic, and plays smart ball
    edited November 2015
    kane wrote: »
    Actually, this opens up more playing time for Tyler Johnson, he'll now be the primary backup to Dragic. I don't know how much of him you've seen, but the kid can play, he's extremely athletic, and plays smart ball

Yeah he is very good and that other kid Winslow
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Yeah he is very good and that other kid Winslow

Don't get me started on Winslow, the kid can flat out play. He leads the Heat in fourth quarter minutes, that's all you need to know about him. Every time I watch him play, I have to remind myself he's only 19 years old, I can't even imagine how good he'll eventually be, and he won't be in his prime for another four or five years. I said it at the time, and I'll say it again, he'll end up being the steal of the draft, the Heat loved him, but they never even worked him out, they didn't think there was any chance he would be there at number 10, he's already a solid defender, and plays like a veteran. A big thank you to SVG for taking Stanley Johnson, and a bigger thank you to Michael Jordan for taking Frank Kaminsky.
    edited November 2015
    J.R. Smith plays tonight
    edited November 2015
    Huge value on MIL 2H under 94
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited November 2015

I'll root for you on this one but I had it going over.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Kashmir wrote: »
    I'll root for you on this one but I had it going over.

how come you only bet unders?
    edited November 2015
    durito wrote: »
    how come you only bet unders?

At this time my model is much more reliable on unders. Hoping to really tweak it for the upcoming years so perhaps that will change. I'm probably influenced by someone I worked with for a few years on this, he only bet unders as well. Seems like the winning 2H players are usually on the under side. Twenty four minutes is a long time to keep up the pace to make a game go over. One bad stretch can really sink an over. And with a lot of games decided well before the end, it's easy to see that dry spell.
    edited November 2015

You got it. See my overs are shit. I didn't have it way over the posted line though.
    edited November 2015
    Kashmir wrote: »
    You got it. See my overs are shit. I didn't have it way over the posted line though.

This was purely situational,
    High tempo, high FG%, those players were gassed in the 4th
    edited November 2015
    Looks like market moves went 5-12 tonight. Bad day for the sharpies, good day for the books.
    edited November 2015
    NO +13 was nice with no Brow :)
    edited November 2015
    Gutsy play Caalador!

Going with the over88 for the 1H in Miami myself.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    D-Wade is out tonight, Rudy Gobert is a game time decision
    edited November 2015
    I think Gobert is out now