Betting Talk

Next Dodgers manager

CoolsCools Senior Member
edited October 2015 in Sports Betting
Anyone have a list of candidates? Curious who might get this high-profile position...

Comments

• oakasoakas Junior Member
    edited October 2015
    Cools wrote: »
    Anyone have a list of candidates? Curious who might get this high-profile position...

I keep seeing Bud Black's name poping up everywhere
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I forget where I saw it this morning, but I saw Gabe Kaplers name and Bo Porter.
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Think they'll go after Bochy?
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Tortuga wrote: »
    Think they'll go after Bochy?

The first call I would make if I'm Andrew Friedman. The Dodgers should have let Mattingly go after last season, they might have had a shot at Joe Maddon
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Because they're the Dodgers they won't go with an inexperience manager and Bochy who I and many others think is an excellent manager but I wouldn't be surprised to see them go after Scioscia because of what I've read most of the year he's not happy there and I believe it's mutual.
    Don't know the contact he has and I'm really not that interested in looking into it but it keeps him on the west with a new boat load of money and I think the Angels need a new voice. A long shot yes possible anything is possible. The only think I think will happen is they bring in someone who's been around and has won. Whoever was responsible for those trading deadline trades and moves should be fired also. I called Mattingly the firing after the world series I was off a bit but he had to go and I would be surprise if he gets another shot anywhere. He's proven he's a little lost out there.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    oakas wrote: »
    I keep seeing Bud Black's name poping up everywhere

The Dodgers biggest weakness was getting from the starter to Jansen. Who's better at bullpen management than Black? He makes perfect sense here.

Bochy would be a good choice too but I believe he's under contract with SF. If so I'm sure MLB would levy a heavy price for tampering should LA approach him.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    MATTINGLY out as LAD manager? :clap: Whoda figured? LOL

New man? Ex-pitchers rarely make good skippers. Yeah, I know BBlack was MOY but he's still an SF & SD reject. I think the LAD should go the minority route or a former LAD with roots. I blame Joe Torre for setting up "Donny Baseball' to fail.
  • ggm1976ggm1976 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    How bout Tommy Lasorda
    edited October 2015
    ggm1976 wrote: »
    How bout Tommy Lasorda

You wanna call him a pitcher? He got sent down to Brooklyn affiliate Schenectady Blue Jays for some bum named Koufax.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    The Dodgers biggest weakness was getting from the starter to Jansen. Who's better at bullpen management than Black? He makes perfect sense here.

Bochy would be a good choice too but I believe he's under contract with SF. If so I'm sure MLB would levy a heavy price for tampering should LA approach him.

Well although I agree that's an area that they need to address in the off season. There's to much money in payroll with a newbie or lets say an unknown they need a name. How about Ron Washington I didn't think he did a bad job at all in Texas but after losing in 2010 and 2011 he got them there twice losing the 2nd one wasn't him the Cards just refused to die and somebody had to go after the 2012 season if I remember right. Big Markets and Big payrolls need Big names and or names that are with the dodgers already and respected. Because they don't have a big window if they have any at all.

PS: I'm not reffering Black as an unknown didn't think he was all that good.
    edited October 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    How about Ron Washington I didn't think he did a bad job at all in Texas but after losing in 2010 and 2011

No he didn't do a bad job. Problem with RW is baggage, current and former. Claims his marriage infidelity, but I suspect substance abuse again.