Betting Talk

nfl help needed

acetotenacetoten Senior Member
edited October 2015 in Sports Betting
hey guys, can anyone give me any good sites to view information on NFL games regarding injuries for that week, offensive and defensive line rankings, and matchups of any sort. Thanks

also,a friend of mine has a local this year that uses current lines at scores and odds for his lines. you can play the games as soon as they are posted. I'm wondering if anyone knows how quickly they are updated at this site. also, if a line is -3 - 120 he just plays it as - 3 he does not worry about the minus 120 etcetera. I'm thinking this sounds like it could be a little helpful and advantageous and am wondering what you guys thoughts are? For you experts out there, for example, do you generally know which lines may or may not move?
Thanks in advance

Ace

P.s. hope everyone is doing okay and having a good year

Comments

• Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Hey Ace,

Sounds stupid maybe, but ESPN's fantasy site has a lot of injury updates on the players. And they're very up-to-date. This is mostly about the skill position players though. You won't get updates about OL, DL, LB, S or CB. For those you have to look for the teampages on NFL Nation, or the local beat writers that attend the training sessions on wednesday/thursday/friday.

On Football Outsiders you'll find a lot of stats and rankings, hope you can use them.
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Getting a -110 for a spread, while the line is -120 at the sharper books is definitely advantageous, but it's not like you're going to get rich from it. It all comes down to line value. Does a poster have a positive or negative avg line value? Does he post so you get the best lines available? etc etc.

Any more questions, feel free to ask.