Betting Talk

MIAMI

Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
edited September 2015 in Sports Betting
That will teach me to put a check mark before I head out for a burger with a HUGE lead:lipssealed:

Comments

• kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    If the Canes had lost that game, Al Golden might have gotten lynched on the sideline
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Where's all this discipline that Riley brings to the table? Imagine the Nebraska hierarchy fired the Public Address announcer 2 weeks ago because he criticized the firing of Pelini. I always thought they played in Lincoln not Beijing.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    exciting 4th qtr for us lowly husker fans... Tommy A went from the hero to the goat pretty quick with that INT in OT but in all honesty he gave it his best effort and for that I was impressed.
    edited September 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Where's all this discipline that Riley brings to the table? Imagine the Nebraska hierarchy fired the Public Address announcer 2 weeks ago because he criticized the firing of Pelini. I always thought they played in Lincoln not Beijing.

for some reason this is going over my head Ron? which discipline are you referring to or the non discipline regarding Riley? I've had a long day with a 4 year old and a 1.5 year old so bare with me as I am exhausted but again I love your feedback and am simply curious what I am missing.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    newcombe wrote: »
    exciting 4th qtr for us lowly husker fans... Tommy A went from the hero to the goat pretty quick with that INT in OT but in all honesty he gave it his best effort and for that I was impressed.

Newc, there's no such thing as a moral victory, but you should be proud of the effort they gave, could have very easily packed it in down 23 in the fourth quarter, on the road, in the heat. The Huskers showed me something. Hope all's well with you and your family.
    edited September 2015
    newcombe wrote: »
    for some reason this is going over my head Ron? which discipline are you referring to or the non discipline regarding Riley? I've had a long day with a 4 year old and a 1.5 year old so bare with me as I am exhausted but again I love your feedback and am simply curious what I am missing.

I figured that post would smoke you out. Sorry about the babysitting....didn't know.

Scenario: In OT Armstrong throws an ill-advised pick in the endzone. Hurricane defender running it back and forced outta bounds. A "Husker decides to take a cheapshot 5yards outta bounds. That's how you guys lost. I'll spare you the ensuing details.
    edited September 2015
    kane wrote: »
    Newc, there's no such thing as a moral victory, but you should be proud of the effort they gave, could have very easily packed it

Come on Kane cut the crap. Your post sounds like a victorious D1 coach complimenting an inferior D2 coach at the postgame handshake. Btw, why no negatives to the "Canes late ole defense?
    edited September 2015
    i figured that was what you were referring too Ron and i agree. was a dumb ass penalty which you can add to the list of the colossal bonehead penalties the huskers continue to mount up each game.

as for Kane, wasn't saying anything about a moral victory and basically was happy to see the boys fight. i don't have high aspirations these days for the huskers... i went to school in Lincoln from 93 - 97 so i had my fill of the best and any smart fan knows we'll never relive that. 4th qtr today was awesome. we are both fans of pure mediocrity. i'm very used to it.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Come on Kane cut the crap. Your post sounds like a victorious D1 coach complimenting an inferior D2 coach at the postgame handshake. Btw, why no negatives to the "Canes late ole defense?

I've seen many a team down by that wide a margin in the fourth quarter, on the road, in the heat, quit, the Huskers did not, and deserve a little credit. Oh yeah, the Canes D sucked in the fourth quarter, does that make you happy
    edited September 2015
    kane wrote: »
    If the Canes had lost that game, Al Golden might have gotten lynched on the sideline

If the Canes lost the game you would be AWOL from this thread. The post seemed condescending to the point that suggested Miami was an FBS powerhouse. That's all.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    If the Canes lost the game you would be AWOL from this thread. The post seemed condescending to the point that suggested Miami was an FBS powerhouse. That's all.

If the Canes lost I would have posted in this thread, and I don't know why you thought is was condescending, that wasn't my intention at all if that's how I came across. Golden is getting a lot of heat, that's why I said he would have been lynched had they blown a 23 point fourth quarter lead at home, never suggested Miami was any kind of powerhouse, are you kidding me? Those days are long gone, and I'm well aware of it. Nebraska deserved to win the game, their kids played hard when they could have easily folded, whereas the Canes choked away an almost insurmountable lead, up 23 at home with ten minutes left, you can't go into OT, you just can't blow that big a lead that late in the game. I don't feel any better about Miami now than I did before the game. All I was doing was giving Nebraska credit for not quitting, like I said before, I've seen many a team in that spot just quit, Nebraska didn't, and they should get some credit for that and if I were a Husker fan, I would be happy about the effort they gave, that's all