Betting Talk

Should Coughlin be fired?

golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
edited September 2015 in Sports Betting
Did he really just throw the ball with 1:40 left in the 4th with Dallas having no timeouts???

I know Dallas came back to win and hind sight is always 20-20, but that was so fucking stupid it was unreal. Worst case he should of told Eli to just fall down if he didn't have anything...

Helped me win the over, but dam he's stupid.

Comments

• Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    He admitted after the game it was 100% the wrong call.

Guy has been coaching for 46 years. How do you make that mistake?
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Guy has been coaching for 46 years. How do you make that mistake?

More oddities to come next week. This is only the beginning :D
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    I've thought the guy has been terrible for years. Honestly, kinda shocked he's still with the Giants. I bet if they start 2-5 or worse he will be canned.
    edited September 2015
    It amazes me to how long he has been there. I understand he won a couple superbowls or is it 3? Also possible he could be going senile.
    edited September 2015
    How about Eli?? does he really need the Coach to tell him in that situation that if nobody is open just take a sack?
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    I've thought the guy has been terrible for years. Honestly, kinda shocked he's still with the Giants. I bet if they start 2-5 or worse he will be canned.

He's won two Super Bowls there, It's doubtful the Maras would fire him mid season. Most likely scenario is if the season's a bust he's 'strongly urged' to retire.
    edited September 2015
    I would fire Eli instead just for being stupid. What's the coach supposed to do hold his fucking hand every play like a baby.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited September 2015
    You do know he doesn't call the offensive plays right? You also just paid your QB 48 million. If you don't have someone wide open, you eat it and let the clock run. People bitch when coaches micro-manage their players, now they bitch when they let them think for themselves.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    No open receivers
    Hit the ground!!!
    edited September 2015
    StevieY wrote: »
    You do know he doesn't call the offensive plays right? You also just paid your QB 48 million. If you don't have someone wide open, you eat it and let the clock run. People bitch when coaches micro-manage their players, now they bitch when they let them think for themselves.

I agree with this. Eli should of known. If not wide open just fall down. But Tom could of overruled the play call or atleast reminded Eli, " hey, if he's not wide open don't throw it and just fall down." But I do totally agree with StevieY here, brutal for Eli to make that kind of mistake.
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    That's exactly what they told Eli
  • Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Rashad Jennings was told not to score a TD on the 1st 2 plays apparently. Eli told him that. Eli didn't know how many timeouts the Cowboys had.

How is this entire team so disorganized?
    edited September 2015
    Jake T. wrote: »
    Rashad Jennings was told not to score a TD on the 1st 2 plays apparently. Eli told him that. Eli didn't know how many timeouts the Cowboys had.

Brilliant, cause a td couldn't of ended the game lol. Is this real ?
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    What kdog said. However, I believe he's history even if they make post season. This guy coached as a fiery "military man" in previous campaigns. Ran bootcamp type practices and the team was complaining. He's mellowed and become ineffective.
    edited September 2015
    Any QB with half a brain, not to mention Eli who has QB DNA from Pops should know the time outs the opponent has left in a critical situation like that.
    Brilliant, cause a td couldn't of ended the game lol. Is this real ?

The script read COVER, but don't win, so that's what they did and now they all point fingers at each other to make it look like confusion took place. :laugh:
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Jake T. wrote: »

U got it right Jake.

"Jennings believes it was because he was instructed not to score by quarterback Eli Manning.
    “On the first-down play, I was told, ‘Rashad, don’t score,'” Jennings confirmed to ESPN on Monday, after making the claim following the game on Sunday night.
    “On second down, ‘Rashad, don’t score.’ I was tempted to say, ‘Forget it,’ and go score because I could. But I didn’t want to be that guy. But definitely, I was asked not to score.”...nypost
    edited September 2015
    If he was told not to score then how did ELI not know Dallas had no time outs left when 3 rd down came up.
    I love the excuses these guys come up with. You can really learn from these guys.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    How about Eli?? does he really need the Coach to tell him in that situation that if nobody is open just take a sack?

Remember a game many years ago when Elway was QB in Denver and he spiked the ball as they were trying to run out the clock. Asked afterwards why he said "My helmet told me too".
    edited September 2015
    durito wrote: »
    Remember a game many years ago when Elway was QB in Denver and he spiked the ball as they were trying to run out the clock. Asked afterwards why he said "My helmet told me too".

I don't remember that game but I believe it, because these guys are like puppets on the field and really have no clue what to do on their own.
    Can you imagine someone hacking into their earpiece and closing the circuit from the coach's mic. :laugh:
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Sounds like the patriots may have done that!
    edited September 2015
    dtrain11 wrote: »
    Sounds like the patriots may have done that!

The Patriots coach is like Houdini. So many dirty tricks up his sleeves. He always finds a new way to win. Remember when he had spys on the Jets sidelines?