Betting Talk

New Ways Not To Win

BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
edited September 2015 in Sports Betting
It's sports betting-- so you can never say you've lost every way possible. Took BC today -45 vs Howard-- 76-0-- everything went as it was supposed to---- but, 65-0 at the half, so they played 10 minute quarters in the 2nd half. Result= no bet. :arg:

Comments

• originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    That is soooooooooooo Brutal
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Need OreSt 1sthalf +7. . . . . . .10-7 Mich less than 2 minutes left in half. OSU punts from approx midfield and pins Mich inside own 10. Wait, flag OSU and rekick. On rekick snapper hikes the ball over punters head and 45yds down field inside the OSU 5. Mich punches it in with 11seconds left in 1st half. Despite this tuff beat, they do even out. We tend to forget when we are on the + side of these.:arg:
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Need OreSt 1sthalf +7. . . . . . .10-7 Mich less than 2 minutes left in half. OSU punts from approx midfield and pins Mich inside own 10. Wait, flag OSU and rekick. On rekick snapper hikes the ball over punters head and 45yds down field inside the OSU 5. Mich punches it in with 11seconds left in 1st half. Despite this tuff beat, they do even out. We tend to forget when we are on the + side of these.:arg:

Yeah, some guys tend to forget that-- but, it's amazing that they all seem to come in bunches.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    If it makes you feel better I'm all for it:wonder:
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    I had a large wager on Tyrod Taylor to be the bills starting QB, got in at +325 with multiple rebets at bookmaker

M.Cassel at QB (T.Taylor at WR). L.McCoy left end to BUF 21 for -6 yards (K.Langford).

Bills kick off the game with a trick play
    edited September 2015
    Bad bad beat Lumpy. That's a remote hurler.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Wow that is a horrible beat. I didn't check any NFL props today. Do they write those for all starting QB's or just ones their uncertain of to start the game?
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    I had a large wager on Tyrod Taylor to be the bills starting QB, got in at +325 with multiple rebets at bookmaker

M.Cassel at QB (T.Taylor at WR). L.McCoy left end to BUF 21 for -6 yards (K.Langford).

Bills kick off the game with a trick play

That is quite possibly the worst beat I've ever heard.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited September 2015
    I played over 22.5 on the number of times that Berman and Dilfer would use the phrase "bell cow" tonight. Unfortunately, think it's stuck on 22 right now.
    edited September 2015
    oh wow I thought that was +125 on Tyrod starting. +325 that is Macnasty
    So lumpy what convinced you he was going to start at that price?
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited September 2015
    Sick beat on the trick play, that is a type of cruel I don't think I've seen before.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    oh wow I thought that was +125 on Tyrod starting. +325 that is Macnasty
    So lumpy what convinced you he was going to start at that price?

I live in Buffalo and I'm a fan of the Bills. I watched their preseason games and was pretty informed on the situation. I thought it should have been 50/50 between Cassel and Taylor. Outside of Buffalo I'm guessing it was still assumed that EJ had a shot. The odds were really all over the place but I got lucky and nailed Taylor at the best time. After Cassel started week 1 of preseason bookmaker opened the odds with Cassel as the big favorite so I jumped on it. I was surprised to see that I was allowed to rebet this one but since they allowed it I made several bets.

The cruel part was that we had a party at our house for the first game and I missed the beginning. I logged on later and when I saw it was a loss I contacted support to inform them of their mistake. Pretty common for them to screw up prop grading, I even provided them with the link to the game to show Taylor was the only QB in the stats.....and then they dropped the hammer on me.

After that I STILL thought I was right so I insisted that was a mistake and turned to a friend who had watched the beginning and said hey did the Bills open the game with Cassel under center as some sort of trick play and he said yes......and I died a little bit inside.
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Sports betting can be cruel.
    edited September 2015
    Christ that's horrible. One day at Aqueduct many years ago when Julie Krone used to ride I had her on a horse in the last race, which was scheduled on the turf, but due to the rain they moved the race over to the main track which was sloppy. I was alive with this horse in a big daily double payout. So anyway, the race starts and the horse takes a big lead and coming for home in the stretch I have a 10 length lead and my Bozo the Clown grin came on. Guess what happens next? A fuckin wild geese fly's over the horses head, spooks the horse and throws Julie Krone off the horse and I lose. As much as I try to forget that day it always haunts me when I play aqueduct.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Christ that's horrible. One day at Aqueduct many years ago when Julie Krone used to ride I had her on a horse in the last race, which was scheduled on the turf, but due to the rain they moved the race over to the main track which was sloppy. I was alive with this horse in a big daily double payout. So anyway, the race starts and the horse takes a big lead and coming for home in the stretch I have a 10 length lead and my Bozo the Clown grin came on. Guess what happens next? A fuckin wild geese fly's over the horses head, spooks the horse and throws Julie Krone off the horse and I lose. As much as I try to forget that day it always haunts me when I play aqueduct.

you bring back many bad beats and some good memories at the Big A. I used to be there almost every morning watching workouts and made a couple of connections and used to love when the trainers would fuck the owners and we would get the str8 sinny from the traner and jock. Hated it when I would try to pump the B/R and go broke before the hot horse which was usually the last race collect the money and out the door. 9th race was famous for that. So back to OTB waiting to get more money see that the horse won and head to yonkers later that night to get screw by the Abbatiello and the Filion brothers. They would throw us a bone now and again to keep everyone happy. Could have been Roosevelt Racetrack so many years forget which track was running when the Big A was running.
    edited September 2015
    Anybody who bets the ponies has had goofy stuff make you tear up your tickets. A good friend who worked for the Government was in Hong Kong-- where they have huge fields-- and the first 8 horses across the finish line were minus their jocks. He never bet horses again.

I was at Ruidoso years ago when they still had their little bullring track-- 10 horse field, and leader had never run at any track smaller than a mile. Coming around the tight corner into the stretch he bolted towards the outside-- 3 horses ran into each other-- jockeys down-- the next group had to try to avoid the carnage-- one horse over the railing into the infield-- 2 more jocks down. And the 2 longest odds-- so bad they had been about 30 lengths back-- wind their way through the wreckage-- run 1-2, and have the biggest exacta payout in New Mexico history. I'm sure somebody's girlfriend who liked their names headed to the window.
    edited September 2015
    Abbatiello and the Filion brothers

Oh yeah those where wild days. Herve Fillion used to have a helicopter waiting for him when the races where finished and fly him directly to AC where he used to lose all the money that he stole that night. Real degenerate gambler. Not sure if you knew Vinny the Hair and the Jersey Bear 2 Jewish guys which are both deceased now, but Vinny used to run a lot of the bets for these guys and a few times they stiffed him on his end with excuses like we need the money right now, w'll pay you next week. So one night Vinny see's me and says I have a nice poker game for you in the back stretch, but I want 50%. So the first thing I ask him what is the limit and he says No Limit, front plays and no pocket money until next hand. Takes me there the first night and my eyes lit up when I seen all the cash on the table. Only problem was they where playing some stupid game like draw but with 8 cards called "racetrack poker" took me a while to figure it out but once I did it was payback time. In 2 weeks time I started to clean them out and Vinny calls me and says don't give them credit during the game tonight because they won't pay you. So I was like ok, I will take a single file race around with no movers in return instead of the money. I go that early afternoon to play and after 1 hour of playing Gagliardi goes broke and asks me for 5k so I give it to him. 30 Min later Jimmy Marohn goes bust asks me to loan him 3k and i give it to him. Game finishes about 4:30 pm and Gag comes up to me with a piece of paper for that night's last race and says to me "we're even now is that okay". So I opened the paper and there's 3 numbers on it, and i said to him how? He say's straight. On my way home here come's Vinny hounding me, asking me what did he give you? So I give him the paper and 2k to play those 3#s every which way possible and I tell him I will see you tomm because I can't make it back tonight. Would you believe Vinny goes broke before the last race, junking out on all the other races and doesn't have a fucking dime left to play the last race, which I'm kind of glad now that he went broke before that race, because a big investigation took place afterwards on those drivers. Yonkers and Roosevelt was Highway thievery every day. They could of kept it going but their greed got the best of them.
    edited September 2015
    I was @Gulfstream with an old BM(RIP) and his crew that were playing P6's and some other stuff. They all had shares. My guy hitta taxable exotic on his own. No thanks I'm not cashing it either. Got enuf probs. He went searching for a 10%er. None around he knew. Didn't matter though. He lost the ticket and finally realized he accidently threw it out. After the last race, he decided to try to make the best of a bad situation. The ticket wasn't that big but just over the taxable limit. He got hold of a couple working cleanup/maintenance and gave them a proximity of where the garbage can was. They said they were just getting married and could use the $$. On the last day of the meet he ran into them and they said they took home 4 large garbage bags and found and cashed ticket. The old SOB lit up like a Xmas tree. "Better you than the fuken state."
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Oh yeah those where wild days. Herve Fillion used to have a helicopter waiting for him when the races where finished and fly him directly to AC where he used to lose all the money that he stole that night. Real degenerate gambler. Not sure if you knew Vinny the Hair and the Jersey Bear 2 Jewish guys which are both deceased now, but Vinny used to run a lot of the bets for these guys and a few times they stiffed him on his end with excuses like we need the money right now, w'll pay you next week. So one night Vinny see's me and says I have a nice poker game for you in the back stretch, but I want 50%. So the first thing I ask him what is the limit and he says No Limit, front plays and no pocket money until next hand. Takes me there the first night and my eyes lit up when I seen all the cash on the table. Only problem was they where playing some stupid game like draw but with 8 cards called "racetrack poker" took me a while to figure it out but once I did it was payback time. In 2 weeks time I started to clean them out and Vinny calls me and says don't give them credit during the game tonight because they won't pay you. So I was like ok, I will take a single file race around with no movers in return instead of the money. I go that early afternoon to play and after 1 hour of playing Gagliardi goes broke and asks me for 5k so I give it to him. 30 Min later Jimmy Marohn goes bust asks me to loan him 3k and i give it to him. Game finishes about 4:30 pm and Gag comes up to me with a piece of paper for that night's last race and says to me "we're even now is that okay". So I opened the paper and there's 3 numbers on it, and i said to him how? He say's straight. On my way home here come's Vinny hounding me, asking me what did he give you? So I give him the paper and 2k to play those 3#s every which way possible and I tell him I will see you tomm because I can't make it back tonight. Would you believe Vinny goes broke before the last race, junking out on all the other races and doesn't have a fucking dime left to play the last race, which I'm kind of glad now that he went broke before that race, because a big investigation took place afterwards on those drivers. Yonkers and Roosevelt was Highway thievery every day. They could of kept it going but their greed got the best of them.

ha this is why i'm still hoping to be able to connect with you for a drink around hoboken. great story thanks for sharing.
    edited September 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »

Even though a lot of people think they don't--- laid 42.5 with Akron at the open-- they were down 9-6 in the second Q-- ended up winning 52-9. Now that's what's called skill. :thumbup: