Betting Talk

Auburn

kanekane Senior Member
edited September 2015 in Sports Betting
Is currently tied with Jacksonville St, about 7 minutes to play, and Jacksonville is driving, holy fuck

Comments

• kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Jax St takes the lead 20-13 with 5 and change left. Hey Ed, did you grab a piece of the ML? LOL
  • babaorileybabaoriley Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    kane wrote: »
    Jax St takes the lead 20-13 with 5 and change left. Hey Ed, did you grab a piece of the ML? LOL

I'm speechless. It's not that they're just winning, on the road, against a team many picked to make the playoffs, but that they're thoroughly dominating Auburn on both sides of the ball.
  • babaorileybabaoriley Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Holy shit, this could actually happen
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    That punt hurt
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Is currently tied with Jacksonville St, about 7 minutes to play, and Jacksonville is driving, holy fuck

Auburn gets lucky, Arkansas doesn't. Tell us again how great the SEC is Kane.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    Auburn gets lucky, Arkansas doesn't. Tell us again how great the SEC is Kane.

Name a better football conference
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Name a better football conference

The MAC.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Kdog, IMO the SEC is the best football conference in the country, which conference do you think is the best
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Is the SEC the best? Yes. Is it as wide a margin as SEC fans would want you to believe? Not even close.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    buckeyes wrote: »
    Is the SEC the best? Yes. Is it as wide a margin as SEC fans would want you to believe? Not even close.

The gap between the SEC and the rest isn't huge, but there's no doubt they're still top dog when it comes to college football. Seven of the past ten, and ten of the past twenty champions have come from the SEC, and every week they consistently have more teams ranked than any other conference
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Kdog, IMO the SEC is the best football conference in the country, which conference do you think is the best

I'd agree it's overall the top conference but it's nowhere near 10 teams ranked the best. That's absurd.
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    The gap between the SEC and the rest isn't huge, but there's no doubt they're still top dog when it comes to college football. Seven of the past ten, and ten of the past twenty champions have come from the SEC, and every week they consistently have more teams ranked than any other conference

Hey Kane just saw your message across the way, haven't been there in months. Yes the SEC is still best top to bottom but to have 10 teams ranked is ridiculous. The perception is that most of the teams in the SEC are all strong teams that could win any other conference and that simply is not true.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    buckeyes wrote: »
    Hey Kane just saw your message across the way, haven't been there in months. Yes the SEC is still best top to bottom but to have 10 teams ranked is ridiculous. The perception is that most of the teams in the SEC are all strong teams that could win any other conference and that simply is not true.

Thanks, I don't visit that place too often either. I agree having ten teams ranked seems a bit much, and I highly doubt there will be that many as the season progresses
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    I'd agree it's overall the top conference but it's nowhere near 10 teams ranked the best. That's absurd.

I think this is a fair statement
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Anytime you're discussing how good a conference is-- you have to start at the bottom. How good are the also-rans in a given conference? I hear people saying the Big 10 is the best because OSU won the championship. That's bull. Over the last few years the Big 10 has been awful, with some pretty bad bottom feeders. The SEC? The West is loaded. The East looks mediocre. Of course, let's come back and discuss this at the end of October-- things have a way of shaking themselves out.
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    The problem with the sec this year is at qb. There are really no qb's that just stand out this year. Speaking of Auburn, Jeremy Johnson and I know it is just a 2 games but he has looked awful. Joshua Dobbs who was supposed to be the savior at Tennessee looked mediocre against OU. I have been impressed with Chad Kelly but of course let's see how he does against Bama.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    chuckh wrote: »
    The problem with the sec this year is at qb. There are really no qb's that just stand out this year. Speaking of Auburn, Jeremy Johnson and I know it is just a 2 games but he has looked awful. Joshua Dobbs who was supposed to be the savior at Tennessee looked mediocre against OU. I have been impressed with Chad Kelly but of course let's see how he does against Bama.

You make a good point regarding the SEC QB's. Just to add to what you said, UGA, LSU, S Carolina, Fla, and I'm sure there are others, but the QB play this year does seem down a couple of notches. Patrick Towles from KY might be the best QB in the East. In the West, you mentioned Chad Kelly (he's got some great bloodlines) and Dak Prescott, and there's a kid for A&M who's name escapes me who's pretty good, but no stand outs like you usually see, at least not yet
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    chuckh wrote: »

Seems to be the same problem every year. Who's the last SEC quarterback not named Manning to make an impact in the NFL?
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Seems to be the same problem every year. Who's the last SEC quarterback not named Manning to make an impact in the NFL?

Jamarcus Russell.........negative ok:shifty:?