Betting Talk

Hold your horse

randy2005randy2005 Senior Member
edited September 2015 in Sports Betting
The computer likes the favorite, but by fewer points than the oddsmakers.
Last Season: 69-11 SU (.863), 33-47 ATS (.413)
This Season: 0-0 SU (.000), 0-0 ATS (.000)
Last Week: 0-0 SU (.000), 0-0 ATS (.000)
This Week: 0-0 SU (.000), 0-0 ATS (.000)
PAST RECORDS
Saturday, September 5
Auburn (-10.5) by 3.54 over Louisville (at Atlanta) - 2015 could be very hard on Auburn which has road games against LSU, Arkansas and Texas A&M. This game against the Cardinals could say a lot about what chances the Tigers have of proving the computer's 6-6 forecast to be hogwash. I believe the 'Ville will be a more than worthy out-of-the-gate opponent and could take Auburn outright.

TENNESSEE (-21) by 10.03 over Bowling Green - These teams have never previously met, and Tennessee hasn't played a MAC school since hosting Buffalo in 2011. BGSU has a lot of returning talent at the skill positions to run Dino Babers' uptempo offense, but the defense better be much improved after ranking 118th a year ago. The Falcons beat Indiana last year and have hung with some better FBS programs over the years. This game is a bit of a stretch for me to take, but I could reasonably see a 42-24 final in favor of the Vols.

NEBRASKA (-6) by 4.02 over Byu - It's the first-ever meeting between these two schools and the debut for new Cornhusker head coach Mike Riley. Meanwhile, BYU returns QB Taysom Hill who was in the Heisman discussion before he broke his leg against Utah State and was lost for the season after a 4-0 start. An outright Cougar win is very possible.

TULSA (-6) by 2.33 over Fau - The Owls won last year's meeting 50-21 in Boca Raton. Maybe that's not enough said, but I'm thinking it could be.

Stanford (-12) by 3.01 over NORTHWESTERN - I could be wrong, but this appears to be one of the more bloated lines from the oddsmakers for opening weekend.