Betting Talk

you're starting a baseball team

kanekane Senior Member
edited October 2015 in Sports Betting
You have two choices, either the Cubs young position players (Rizzo, Bryant, Soler, Russell, Baez) or the Mets young pitchers (Harvey, DeGrom, Syndergaard, Matz, Wheeler), which group do you choose? I would take the Mets pitchers

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Pic'em. I'd go the cheapest salary route.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Pitchers 100%. But I'm a mets homer :)
  • BigPermBigPerm Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    I'd be shocked if anyone over 15 years old would chose the hitters.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Pitching ,no question
  • bluejakebluejake Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Mets pitchers
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    The reason I thought about this was, a while back I was watching some baseball show, I think on ESPN , but maybe the MLB network, and someone asked this question, and both analysts said they would take the Cubs position players, which I found surprising.
    edited August 2015
    Kane, throw in Schwarber and it aint even close.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    kane wrote: »
    The reason I thought about this was, a while back I was watching some baseball show, I think on ESPN , but maybe the MLB network, and someone asked this question, and both analysts said they would take the Cubs position players, which I found surprising.

I don't think the pitchers answer is as cut & dried as most in this thread seem to. If it was guaranteed that everyone would stay healthy, yeah, but pitchers injury rates are higher, they are out longer and there's more chance of an injury affecting their ability to be the same player when healed than for position players. I think I'm with Ronbets, throw in Schwarber & I'll take the Cubs guys.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    You guys are right, I forgot about Schwarber, if you include him, then the choice gets much tougher, but when the question was first brought up, I don't think Schwarber was mentioned. I think I'd still go with the Mets pitchers, but it's very close
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    I would think the hitters would be a no brainer. Less chance of injury with position players. And to be honest I think there is more talent on the Cubs side anyway.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    The more I look at it though, there is less projection with the Mets group. But I think I would still take the Cubs group if given a choice.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    You have two choices, either the Cubs young position players (Rizzo, Bryant, Soler, Russell, Baez) or the Mets young pitchers (Harvey, DeGrom, Syndergaard, Matz, Wheeler), which group do you choose? I would take the Mets pitchers

Round one goes to the Mets pitchers
    edited October 2015
    Round one goes to the Mets pitchers

Astute observation. How many rounds are we going when we start a baseball team?
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I understand about pitcher injuries but come Oct the winner of the World Series seems to always have the best pitching staff. Playoff time most starters except on rare occasion go through the line-up maybe twice and then the rope gets real short going through the lineup the 3rd time. So give me the met pitchers and there bullpen and you can have the cub hitters.
    edited October 2015
    Are you pitcher advocates aware of Met's reluctance or ability to pay today's going rate for primo pitchers? Do I have to mention Bernie Madoff again?