Betting Talk

Garo Yapremian

kanekane Senior Member
edited May 2015 in Sports Betting
Heard he just passed away at age 70. I'm sure most here don't know who he is, or don't care, but he was the kicker on the Dolphin's 1972 undefeated team, and he'll always have a special place in my heart. I actually met him one time many years ago at a flea market of all places, he gave me an autograph and we spoke for a few minutes, a very nice man. Not the best news to start my day.

Comments

• kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    His pass completion % in Super Bowls sucked.
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Not his fault.....I heard the ball was over inflated
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Saw him once at Doral. I'll always remember him as having thrown the worst pass in NFL history.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    kane wrote: »
    Heard he just passed away at age 70. I'm sure most here don't know who he is, or don't care, but he was the kicker on the Dolphin's 1972 undefeated team, and he'll always have a special place in my heart. I actually met him one time many years ago at a flea market of all places, he gave me an autograph and we spoke for a few minutes, a very nice man. Not the best news to start my day.

He was also famous for his ties and I think he had a tie business. Maybe famous is the wrong word but he loved his ties. RIP
  • Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    I remember after his first NFL FG he was interviewed and said...I KICK A TOUCHDOWN.
    w2w
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    He was also famous for his ties and I think he had a tie business. Maybe famous is the wrong word but he loved his ties. RIP

Great memory OT, I was very young when he played, so I didn't know much about him, but I just Googled him and you're right, he started making his own ties, and apparently did quite well with his tie business
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    kane wrote: »
    Great memory OT, I was very young when he played, so I didn't know much about him, but I just Googled him and you're right, he started making his own ties, and apparently did quite well with his tie business

I used to love watching Miami games in those days with Zonk and company and if I remember right they were dogs in that SB. I think they opened +3 I remember the game like it was yesterday wow long time ago. BG use to pass maybe 10/12 times a game. It was just a little different kind of game that we have now :)

I'm not cheating so if I remember right that was the Earl Morrel SB could be wrong on that.