Betting Talk

looking for feedback on on odds services

lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
edited May 2015 in Sports Betting
i have used sportsoptions professional for years. I initially chose to go with SO over DB because they were half the price, but there are some things about SO that are annoying like incomplete info loading to the screen, dead links, line feed issues for certain sports, delay with CRIS feed, etc.

what service do others here use? and how do you feel about the service you use?

any feedback or suggestions would be much appreciated...

Comments

• turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    I believe the delay on the CRIS feed has little to do with SportsOptions. I was told Don Best has the direct connection or link to CRIS/Bookmaker, thus the delay at SO. Anyone with better info, please jump in.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    turksure wrote: »
    I believe the delay on the CRIS feed has little to do with SportsOptions. I was told Don Best has the direct connection or link to CRIS/Bookmaker, thus the delay at SO. Anyone with better info, please jump in.

Yea Cris has an agreement with DB and only they get the real time feed.

Haven't even looked at DB in years so no idea how it is now, but it may be worth it for some to have both services, but I've always gotten by with just SO. Don't even run a windows computer and SO works ok on Linux.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    i have used sportsoptions professional for years. I initially chose to go with SO over DB because they were half the price, but there are some things about SO that are annoying like incomplete info loading to the screen, dead links, line feed issues for certain sports, delay with CRIS feed, etc.

what service do others here use? and how do you feel about the service you use?

any feedback or suggestions would be much appreciated...

Yea SO pisses me off a lot, but it is what it is.
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    I like SO and use it, but I will be using DB during football & basketball bc of the Cris delay. And I also find it quite disingenuous that SO does not more openly disclose the Cris delay. I don't see how anyone who seriously operates in the CFB markets (& other markets) could be o.k. with that delay (unless they have devised some other instant notification mechanism w/ Cris). Many numbers will be gone by the time they show up on SO. FACT.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    blackbull wrote: »
    I like SO and use it, but I will be using DB during football & basketball bc of the Cris delay. And I also find it quite disingenuous that SO does not more openly disclose the Cris delay. I don't see how anyone who seriously operates in the CFB markets (& other markets) could be o.k. with that delay (unless they have devised some other instant notification mechanism w/ Cris). Many numbers will be gone by the time they show up on SO. FACT.

this is also my plan
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    durito wrote: »
    Yea Cris has an agreement with DB and only they get the real time feed.

Haven't even looked at DB in years so no idea how it is now, but it may be worth it for some to have both services, but I've always gotten by with just SO. Don't even run a windows computer and SO works ok on Linux.

why do you say it would be beneficial to have both services? what does SO have that DB doesn't?
  • lilylily Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    SO has Heritage..if you can play there.
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    lily wrote: »
    SO has Heritage..if you can play there.

is that it? is that the only exclusive that SO has over DB?
  • lilylily Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Lake- maybe a Vegas outlet outlet or two..William Hill or Canter I can't remember is exclusive to SO
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    why do you say it would be beneficial to have both services? what does SO have that DB doesn't?

Cannot speak for everyone but I am guessing most people start off with SO due to the price and get used to it (it does seem more user friendly also). Personally I would not be comfortable going from SO to just DB to start off the football season in a couple of months.