Betting Talk

four games

kanekane Senior Member
edited May 2015 in Sports Betting
For the golden boy, loss of a first round pick and a fourth round pick, and a million dollar fine

Comments

• BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    THAT CERTAINLY WILL "deflate his ego"
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    BayOcean wrote: »
    THAT CERTAINLY WILL "deflate his ego"

Ba-dum ching. I know, you'll be here all week, lol
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    NFL/ Goodell showing that it came down 'hard' on Brady/ Patriots,

Not much of this will be left after appeals.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Goodell is a moron and should have been hung by his balls for lying about not seeing the tape. I agree Obi this is overkill
  • tinknockertinknocker Member
    edited May 2015
    Listen, every QB in the league makes or gets the footballs to their liking....
    Nonsense
    Any other QB would have got the 25k fine That the rule states!!!
    BS
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    The two locker room attendants who are believed to have deflated the balls have also been suspended indefinitely without pay.

I think Brady should pay these guys out of his pocket, because there is no fucking chance any human say's NO to Brady in this situation.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    I think Brady should pay these guys out of his pocket, because there is no fucking chance any human say's NO to Brady in this situation.

He was already paying them. The signatures, the shirts, the shoes.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Obi One wrote: »
    He was already paying them. The signatures, the shirts, the shoes.

That's the past Obi, how about now since they have been suspended with out pay and probably a bad rap to go along with it, if they decide to get a job with a different team.
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    absurd.

Im one of the 4 people in the world who like Roger (myself, Roger and his parents), but this is just NFL going overboard for their F ups last offseason. Ray Rice beats his wife gets 2 games at first remember? Falcons pumping in crowd noise.....I mean come on. this deflategate stuff is nonsense. anyone who is objective about it knows it. Brady will get 2 games after an appeal.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    tinknocker wrote: »
    Listen, every QB in the league makes or gets the footballs to their liking....
    Nonsense
    Any other QB would have got the 25k fine That the rule states!!!
    BS

You know the old saying "It's not cheating if you don't get caught." Brady got caught, he got punished. BTW, I can tell by where you live that your opinion is totally unbiased
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    kane wrote: »
    You know the old saying "It's not cheating if you don't get caught." Brady got caught, he got punished. BTW, I can tell by where you live that your opinion is totally unbiased

Your Patriots hate is getting as bad as raiders with Lebron. But, I suppose when you root for a team that New England has beaten like a drum for as long as Brady has been in the league it's all you have left.
  • WynnBigWynnBig Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    If the 4 game suspension holds, Brady will return in a week 5 matchup @ Indianapolis on Sunday night against the team that dropped dime on him....outstanding marketing by the NFL. I would venture they would drop the penalty to 3 games so the Patriots/Cowboys game in week 4 would be the highest rated game of the year and the build up to "next week's game" with Indy would be overwhelming. Why not reduce Hardy's suspension to 3 games and have Dallas sign Ray Rice ? Our heads would explode. :idoit: ....and have Favre announce he would like to come out of retirement to join the Pats while Brady is out.:laugh:
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    WynnBig wrote: »
    If the 4 game suspension holds, Brady will return in a week 5 matchup @ Indianapolis on Sunday night against the team that dropped dime on him....outstanding marketing by the NFL. I would venture they would drop the penalty to 3 games so the Patriots/Cowboys game in week 4 would be the highest rated game of the year and the build up to "next week's game" with Indy would be overwhelming. Why not reduce Hardy's suspension to 3 games and have Dallas sign Ray Rice ? Our heads would explode. :idoit: ....and have Favre announce he would like to come out of retirement to join the Pats while Brady is out.:laugh:

Started my morning off in the right direstion:laugh:

Good Stuff
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    [QUOTE=kdog;874338]Your Patriots hate is getting as bad as raiders with Lebron. But, I suppose when you root for a team that New England has beaten like a drum for as long as Brady has been in the league it's all you have left.[/QUOTE]

That's absurd and you know it, he's obviously delusional. And yes, admittedly I don't like NE, but that has nothing to do with how I view this. Fact, the Patriots were caught cheating once before. Fact, the Patriots were caught cheating again. If this were any other team and any other QB, I would feel the same way, I think four games and the loss of a first round pick is appropriate. There are many who feel Brady's suspension should be even longer, 6 games, 8 games, whatever, I think that's too long, to me 4 games seems right, in fact go check the "Brady suspension" thread over at RTP, Chaperone wanted 8 games or more, I posted that I thought 8 was too many and that 4 games seemed right, and that was days before the punishment was handed down, if this was Ryan Tannehill and the Dolphins, I would say the same thing, cheating is cheating, I'm very consistent when it comes to cheaters. I was a big A-Rod fan, he grew up in Miami and I was rooting for him to break all the records, not anymore, now I view him as a lying, cheating, POS who should never get into the HOF, you can think whatever you want, but when it comes to cheating, whether it's how Brady did it, or the PED users, I'm very consistent
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    kane wrote: »
    That's absurd and you know it, he's obviously delusional. And yes, admittedly I don't like NE, but that has nothing to do with how I view this. Fact, the Patriots were caught cheating once before. Fact, the Patriots were caught cheating again. If this were any other team and any other QB, I would feel the same way, I think four games and the loss of a first round pick is appropriate. There are many who feel Brady's suspension should be even longer, 6 games, 8 games, whatever, I think that's too long, to me 4 games seems right, in fact go check the "Brady suspension" thread over at RTP, Chaperone wanted 8 games or more, I posted that I thought 8 was too many and that 4 games seemed right, and that was days before the punishment was handed down, if this was Ryan Tannehill and the Dolphins, I would say the same thing, cheating is cheating, I'm very consistent when it comes to cheaters. I was a big A-Rod fan, he grew up in Miami and I was rooting for him to break all the records, not anymore, now I view him as a lying, cheating, POS who should never get into the HOF, you can think whatever you want, but when it comes to cheating, whether it's how Brady did it, or the PED users, I'm very consistent

Fact, they've been to 6 Super Bowls while Miami fans are still stuck in the 70's, deal with it.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    Fact, they've been to 6 Super Bowls while Miami fans are still stuck in the 70's, deal with it.

This has nothing to do with what I think of Brady's suspension, you're making no sense Dog. Even though I don't like them, I have a lot of respect for the Patriots. As a Celtic fan, I've always rooted against Kobe, but I respect the hell out of him. I don't let personal feelings get in the way of how I view cheaters, as my A-Rod example shows, I thought he should have gotten four games, and that's what he got, at least for now, I think the suspension will be reduced by at least one game, I would be very surprised if Roger suspends him for the Dallas game, which would be the fourth game, it will be reduced by one or two games imo