Betting Talk

Caesars plans to launch sports betting app

AdminAdmin Administrator
edited May 2015 in Sports Betting
From the main page.

Currently, CG Technology, William Hill, Station, South Point and Coast have apps. MGM and Westgate are planning to release apps, likely by the end of the year. And now Caesars, and potentially Wynn at some point, too.

The limits will never be what most want, but at least there are more options.

Comments

• MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited May 2015
    This is exciting news. Even if it only means a couple more nickles here and there, or an extra half point line shopping, it all adds up.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    I have the 3 apps from town and since the Red Rock went to a 15c baseball line I canceled so I use two WH, and S.Point and on occasion you'll pick up a .5 point or a few cents but the town moves on air. I still keep a reduced juice book out of town and I have a PPH that works with me but as far as the Apps there's more cons then pros.

The MGM uses a 20c baseball line and has for years and for football I doubt you'll pick up anything the town moves on air. The NBA I pick up a .5 point here and there but the convenience of deposit and withdrawal a big pro the -110 a big con. If it's run right it will be outstanding. Two things: open up to all states and Credit just like the table tables. Right now for me it's just convenience and I know my money is safe.

Another is to reward points for play for comps. Red Rock is great for that when playing on the App but now they use a 15c baseball line. The South Point gives you nothing from the App.
    If they would let true sports people run the Apps and give them the green light they would make money like they seen before legally;

PS: 24 hours betting would be good or at the very least let people bet before 8am. Vegas has become a chicken shit town. The proper word for the past 10 years or so has been gaming not gambling Big Difference so don't get to excited but I'd like to see it open up. If they could only Phase out Table Games and let you gamble on the Horse's, Sports and Keno it would be a little slice of heaven for the Big Guys.
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I have the 3 apps from town and since the Red Rock went to a 15c baseball line I canceled so I use two WH, and S.Point and on occasion you'll pick up a .5 point or a few cents but the town moves on air. I still keep a reduced juice book out of town and I have a PPH that works with me but as far as the Apps there's more cons then pros.

The MGM uses a 20c baseball line and has for years and for football I doubt you'll pick up anything the town moves on air. The NBA I pick up a .5 point here and there but the convenience of deposit and withdrawal a big pro the -110 a big con. If it's run right it will be outstanding. Two things: open up to all states and Credit just like the table tables. Right now for me it's just convenience and I know my money is safe.

Another is to reward points for play for comps. Red Rock is great for that when playing on the App but now they use a 15c baseball line. The South Point gives you nothing from the App.
    If they would let true sports people run the Apps and give them the green light they would make money like they seen before legally;

PS: 24 hours betting would be good or at the very least let people bet before 8am. Vegas has become a chicken shit town. The proper word for the past 10 years or so has been gaming not gambling Big Difference so don't get to excited but I'd like to see it open up. If they could only Phase out Table Games and let you gamble on the Horse's, Sports and Keno it would be a little slice of heaven for the Big Guys.

Any book that offers real live wagering is huge. William Hill has it and gives the player a major advantage when combined with the offshore books. From what I read Caesar's plans on going that route. That's great. Westgate going mobile is what excites me the most. For totals they will be like Betonline in town. But to gain the maximum edge you should have every app that's available and money in the upper till offshore books. You can almost always get the best of the line.
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    jakenhl wrote: »
    Any book that offers real live wagering is huge. William Hill has it and gives the player a major advantage when combined with the offshore books. From what I read Caesar's plans on going that route. That's great. Westgate going mobile is what excites me the most. For totals they will be like Betonline in town. But to gain the maximum edge you should have every app that's available and money in the upper till offshore books. You can almost always get the best of the line.

Hey old-timer. I didn't mean for that to come across as a dick. When I reread it it definitely did to me. I've always been very anal about getting the best line. Sorry for the way that sounded. I miss you posting your baseball. I hope you're having a great season.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    jakenhl wrote: »
    Hey old-timer. I didn't mean for that to come across as a dick. When I reread it it definitely did to me. I've always been very anal about getting the best line. Sorry for the way that sounded. I miss you posting your baseball. I hope you're having a great season.

I didn't take offense to anything you said jake I'm always looking for the best line also and those like us that live in Vegas have a slight advantage. Love LB almost every night in baseball there's something worth betting. The NBA is also great because I love when the Road team jumps out to that Big lead and you know many more times then not the Home team in the NBA will make a serious run at them. After the 3rd Quater yesterday Cleveland was +4.5 eat that up along with the Under 98 1st Half (Missed the Hook) Cleveland ML -135 and Under for the Game. Big game for me. Doing alright in Baseball nothing I want to brag about but there's a plus sign there for now. Hope all is well will you and don't ever worry what you say speak your mind you have a lot to offer.
    I'm just so down on Vegas after working this town for 33 years before I retired 2012. It was good to me so I have no complaints about the money I made and the way I was treated it's just the way they do things now. Take care Good Luck