Betting Talk

Where to play: PGA match play tourney

AdminAdmin Administrator
edited April 2015 in Sports Betting
Just wanted to make everyone aware that FantasyFeud will be offering a PGA Match Play tourney this week. It begins Wednesday, and unless I'm mistaken, no other site is offering it.

FantasyFeud isn't a super popular site like FanDuel or DraftKings, but it's still fairly well trafficked and offers plenty of games. I went through the Match Play lobby just now and counted a few dozen active games.

Here's a few of the early ones posted at present:

UMzPvQ5.png

Admittedly, these are not large payout games, so it might be a snooze for those of you playing for large amounts. But if you're fairly new to DFS and play small entry tourneys, this is a decent opportunity.

Here's the scoring details:
Points are awarded based on the number of holes a golfer wins rather than where he finishes in the field. One point will be awarded for each hole won. A bonus of 10 points will be awarded to the tournament winner, and 5 points to the runner-up.
If interested, BiggerBonus is offering $50 on top of FF's 100 percent bonus (up to $500), so not a bad way to get started. You can find more info about FantasyFeud by clicking here, and as always, feel free to ask any questions if you have them and we can hopefully answer them.

Comments

• ParkerMParkerM Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Match Play is always fun. Good to see someone found a way to offer a contest for this week. I looked into having this as a contest for us but the prizes just weren't large enough for a group entry. Still pretty good for individuals though, especially the 50/50 contests they have listed.

You pick any 10 golfers out of the 16 groups, so you'll have lots of guys to track all week. Reminder, as mentioned above, this event starts on Wednesday instead of the usually Thursday tee time. There's 16 spots left in The Pat Mayo Open.

I'm in, should be fun!
    edited April 2015
    Here's a list of all 64 golfers Match Play records which might help. It ranks them for total H2H record, but also lists individual records at this week's WGC, President's Cup, Ryder Cup, and Other. Jason Day leads the way with a 14-3 record here.

2015 WGC-Cadillac Match Play: Records for all 64 players
  • gatorshoosiersgatorshoosiers Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Looking for Euros to dominate this-Casey, Poulter, Westwood, and Stenson
    edited April 2015
    Looking for Euros to dominate this-Casey, Poulter, Westwood, and Stenson

Interesting.. any particular reason why you like them so much? I think everyone will be on Poulter but I'm looking to fade him. I do like Casey quite a bit.
  • Norma StitzNorma Stitz Junior Member
    edited April 2015
    ParkerM wrote: »
    Interesting.. any particular reason why you like them so much? .

just a guess, but assuming it has something to do with this:

Euro W
    Euro W
    Euro L
    Euro W
    Euro W
    Euro W
  • DFSkingDFSking Junior Member
    edited April 2015
    the first pat mayo open tourney filled up but looks like they've added a second. think i might have to play just for kicks.