Betting Talk

Russell Westbrook Appreciation Thread

CoopsCoops Senior Member
edited March 2015 in Sports Betting
Wow.

Dude is on fire the past month. First time I've ever thought he might be better than Durant. Bring on the hate.

Comments

• eug44eug44 Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    I was thinking the same thing, KD will need to play sidekick and shoot jumpers
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Coops wrote: »
    Wow.

Dude is on fire the past month. First time I've ever thought he might be better than Durant. Bring on the hate.

No hate here. This guy is a serious contender for MVP. Yeah, I know Harden and LBJ are chalk.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Love it
    My man
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    eug44 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing, KD will need to play sidekick and shoot jumpers

KD is a more efficient scorer, so I don't know that him playing sidekick would be the best option. Who is the better overall player is a different question, though.
    edited March 2015
    Always stated
    Best athlete Westbrook
    Best pure shooter Durant
    If I was starting a team - Westbrook, first pick
    1st round series will be West winner
    Thunder
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Always stated
    Best athlete Westbrook
    Best pure shooter Durant
    If I was starting a team - Westbrook, first pick
    1st round series will be West winner
    Thunder

Westbrook is the best athlete to ever play the point guard position, and maybe the best athlete to ever play, his athleticism is freaky. When you say if you were starting a team you would take RW, do you mean between him and Durant, or if you could choose any player in the league to start a team with, you would pick RW, please clarify
    edited March 2015
    I truly would take Westbrook over Durant or anyone
    Starting to mature
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    I truly would take Westbrook over Durant or anyone
    Starting to mature

He would certainly be up there, but if I was starting a team I'd go with Anthony Davis first, Steph Curry second, and Lebron third (and the only reason he's third is his age compared to the other guys, if we had this discussion a few years ago, Lebron would be a no brainer), interesting discussion though
    edited March 2015
    Westbrook
    Durant
    Davis
    James
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Westbrook
    Durant
    Davis
    James

Team with 4 players?

;)
  • eug44eug44 Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    KD is a more efficient scorer, so I don't know that him playing sidekick would be the best option. Who is the better overall player is a different question, though.

It doesn't matter who is more efficient on offense, when you look at the entire body of work, Westbrook has turned himself into the best player in the league. If you are starting a team id go with Davis first...
    edited March 2015
    Great game by Russ
    Tough loss by OKC
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    eug44 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter who is more efficient on offense, when you look at the entire body of work, Westbrook has turned himself into the best player in the league. If you are starting a team id go with Davis first...

You said Durant should be a sidekick who shoots jumpers, which led me to believe you were talking about offense, which is why I said it absolutely matters who is more efficient offensively. Even when they were both healthy, it's not like Westbrook was a "pass/defer to KD first" type of PG. I also said that saying KD is more efficient offensively definitely doesn't mean he is the better all-around player.
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Amazing ball being played no doubt, does this narrative/your opinion change if they don't make the playoffs?