Betting Talk

Old Timer- what ballpark promotion was worse?

jammerjammer Senior Member
edited February 2015 in Sports Betting
10 Cent Beer Night in Cleveland- 1974

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzWVDyqTolI

or

Disco Demolition in Chicago- 1979

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1zN-oLCKo4

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    To be honest I don't remember Disco night that well but IMO 10c beer night was the worst thing a sports event could ever do. Can't imagine what the person was thinking who said Hey lets have 10c beer night and some JO says yea that's a great idea.
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    To be honest I don't remember Disco night that well but IMO 10c beer night was the worst thing a sports event could ever do. Can't imagine what the person was thinking who said Hey lets have 10c beer night and some JO says yea that's a great idea.
    1oc beer night would be +EV for every alcoholic and homeless person to come in and not even watch. Be a lot of fun to go with collage buddies
    edited February 2015
    1oc beer night would be +EV for every alcoholic and homeless person to come in and not even watch. Be a lot of fun to go with collage buddies

Have it at Yankee stadium playing Boston and people will be flying off the upper deck. Used to go to all the Yankee/Boston games and there was at least 20 brawls a game not fights brawls. All kidding aside people young kids could have gotten hurt bad. Bat night was fun at Yankee stadium that didn't last long either.

Edit: I want to know who the F*** things of bat night, beer night
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    OT, I worked as a vendor inside Fenway as a kid -22. It was crazy there during those games.. They didn't need 10c beers cause the games are always long and people pregame a ton, unlike a normal baseball game. Drunks everywhere. My 1st trip to old Yankee Stadium, me and 4 of my teen age buddies got in a fight ( 1 guy on our side only had 1 leg and still got punched in the face) my only trip to the new joint, I had a Nomar shirt on sitting on the isle way up in the last section of the uppers. When i leaned over the railing peeking down at the bleachers, hundreds of people screamed at me to jump and an alarming amount of them were no doubt serious.
    edited February 2015
    Some Fans, if you want to call them that are such JO's . Think of that Dodger fan who gets around in a wheel chair now, Nice. Use to go to a San Diego/ Raider games every now and then. I was never really much for going to football games but a friend had season tickets for the Raiders and I would go when he needed company he knew I wasn't much for football games in person. After a few the shit I seen I just told him when asked I was busy .
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Seat cushion day was extra work for the grounds crew. Most ppl pitched them on the field after the game and sometimes during the game.

Some NL team had a free batteries day. Not a pleasant evening for the visiting outfielders. I think the Cobra(DP) was a victim in RF.
  • SnakeheadSnakehead Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Have it at Yankee stadium playing Boston and people will be flying off the upper deck. Used to go to all the Yankee/Boston games and there was at least 20 brawls a game not fights brawls. All kidding aside people young kids could have gotten hurt bad. Bat night was fun at Yankee stadium that didn't last long either.

Edit: I want to know who the F*** things of bat night, beer night

As an 11 yr old kid in '68 or '69, it was awesome going to Bat Day and receiving a Mickey Mantle bat (I believe they were between 28-30 oz).
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Some Fans, if you want to call them that are such JO's . Think of that Dodger fan who gets around in a wheel chair now, Nice. Use to go to a San Diego/ Raider games every now and then. I was never really much for going to football games but a friend had season tickets for the Raiders and I would go when he needed company he knew I wasn't much for football games in person. After a few the shit I seen I just told him when asked I was busy .

OT, unless this is about someone else, I think the guy you're talking about is Bryan Stow, who was the Giants fan who got attacked outside Dodger Stadium by a couple of punks, if you're referencing someone else, then never mind
    edited February 2015
    kane wrote: »
    OT, unless this is about someone else, I think the guy you're talking about is Bryan Stow, who was the Giants fan who got attacked outside Dodger Stadium by a couple of punks, if you're referencing someone else, then never mind

Yes your right