Betting Talk

Wis/Rutgers

BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
edited January 2015 in Sports Betting
It sounds as if Frank Kaminsky might be held out of Wisconsin's game at Rutgers on Sunday. It's a concussion protocol thing. Current line at 5Dimes Wis. -15

Comments

• BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    It sounds as if Frank Kaminsky might be held out of Wisconsin's game at Rutgers on Sunday. It's a concussion protocol thing. Current line at 5Dimes Wis. -15

That line was meant to be Wis. -16. Not. -15
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Wisconsin
    F
    Frank Kaminsky
    concussion symptoms
    Doubtful
    is downgraded to doubtful Sunday vs Rutgers.
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I have Kaminsky worth 3.5 to 4 points towards Wisconsin's number if he's out. I made the number 15 with him in. Who knows how much they adjust if he's ruled out. Looks like there may be some value in Rutgers if he's ruled out but betting Rutgers is a scary proposition on most occasions.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    ebemiss wrote: »
    I have Kaminsky worth 3.5 to 4 points towards Wisconsin's number if he's out. I made the number 15 with him in. Who knows how much they adjust if he's ruled out. Looks like there may be some value in Rutgers if he's ruled out but betting Rutgers is a scary proposition on most occasions.

Not to mention-- Illinois showed us what happens when your star is out-- usually big step-up first game from everybody else. But, I wouldn't lay 15 on the road with Wisky anyway.
    edited January 2015
    Not to mention-- Illinois showed us what happens when your star is out-- usually big step-up first game from everybody else. But, I wouldn't lay 15 on the road with Wisky anyway.

That line was over adjusted. Rayvonte Rice is worth similar to Illinios (3.5 to 4 points). I had them -4/-5 with him vs Maryland and with him being out they still should have been favorite. Last I saw Maryland was favorite. They moved the number too much, in my opinion, because of the injury (the market did as they bet Maryland)

I don't have an opinion on this particular game Wisc/Rutgers I just think if Kaminsky is out the number should be closer to -12.
    edited January 2015
    Bucky, good info on Kaminsky. Thank you.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I had whisky wasnt worried about Kam, line didnt move much from openner at pinny....i lost , id take the game again under the same circumstances....now rutgers goes on road to play maryland who can shoot and play defense ....my line is maryland -18
    we shall see tomorrow night
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    ebemiss wrote: »
    Bucky, good info on Kaminsky. Thank you.

Some more info--sounds like Senior PG Trae Jackson broke a bone in his foot and will be out until the end of Feb
    edited January 2015
    jets96 wrote: »
    I had whisky wasnt worried about Kam

The guy's a potential lottery pick, the teams best defender and their highest usage/most productive player. Knowing that he wasn't going to be in the lineup was important information.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Bucky you must be a booster. You got the inside. You scooped the sportswriter beat guy by hours. Thanks for headsup.
    edited January 2015
    no question , very big , so big the line didnt move, but thats another story , it was more about rutgers, they just cant hit a shot ...just thought whisky would come up big on the d side ....my models line was in line with the close .
    edited January 2015
    I had whisky wasnt worried about Kam, line didnt move much from openner at pinny....i lost , id take the game again under the same circumstances....now rutgers goes on road to play maryland who can shoot and play defense ....my line is maryland -18
    we shall see tomorrow night

Why so defiant Jets? Plus 16 was an edge you play until u r broke.
    edited January 2015
    my models line was in line with the close .

Well your model has Wisconsin rated too high or Rutgers rated to low if, without Kaminsky, your line was in line with the close. He's worth 4 points and they sure as heck shouldn't be -19 on the road with Kaminsky. Oh yeah, they lost the game outright without him.
    edited January 2015
    defiant ? lol , just talking bro
    edited January 2015
    my model didnt know he was out , my line was whisky -17

you have hayes , dekker and gasser ,koening and jackson ....i think or thought they would come up big and play better defense ...they give up less then 55 a game ....
    it was more about rutgers anyway ....whisky was 5/21 from 3pt which didnt help
    edited January 2015
    Bucky is right about PG Jax being out. He missed the last 12min with fracture. Surgery tomorrow.