Betting Talk

Fantasy Decisions (UPDATED)

GoatsGoats Head Moderator
edited December 2014 in Sports Betting
I was going to wait for more info on Murray to post this, but since there aren't many of us active in this forum and I'm not sure how much more info we'll really get, I'll just post now as a hypothetical.

I need to start 3 of the following RB's (standard scoring):

Murray
Anderson
Forsett
J. Bell
Randle

If Murray was healthy, I'd just be asking Forsett or Bell, but of course it's not that simple.

I'll assume anyone bothering to respond to this knows the situation between who plays when and Murray's hand so I won't bother setting it up. Let's go on the hypothetical that Murray is a true game-time decision. Essentially, I have 2 scenarios...

1. Start Forsett or Bell at 1:00, Murray or Randle at 4:00, and Anderson on MNF.
2. Start both Forsett and Bell at 1:00 and choose between Murray (if active) and Anderson for the 3rd spot.

I guess the 3rd scenario would be if Murray is somehow ruled OUT in advance, then I'd be using Anderson and choosing 2 of Forsett, Bell, Randle.

I think I know what I'm doing to be honest, but always interested in others' opinions. Apologies for the length, I tried to make it as succinct as possible but may not have succeeded.

Comments

• milfhuntermilfhunter Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Bell, Anderson, Murray.. I think murray will play but from what i heard wont be the workhorse he usually is.. He's probaly looking at 15-17 touches and with the way indy plays the run still could put up decent pts.
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    I think with the new about Murray today, most people would say Murray, Anderson, Forsett, but I would actually go Murray, Anderson, J Bell.

Edit: Sorry, posted this without seeing Milfhunter said the same thing
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited December 2014
    I think with the new about Murray today, most people would say Murray, Anderson, Forsett, but I would actually go Murray, Anderson, J Bell.

Edit: Sorry, posted this without seeing Milfhunter said the same thing

Yeah, with Murray seeming highly likely to play, this has become a far less interesting situation and more of a "Forsett or Bell" decision.

Since I already mentioned I had pretty much decided before posting and in light of your Forsett/Bell comments, I'll now say that my plan was exactly as you and milfhunter posted. I like Bell over Forsett as well. There was a decent chance I was going to stick with that plan even if Murray was a true game-time and use Randle if need-be, but that seems to be moot now.

Thanks for the responses.
  • acetotenacetoten Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    I like Anderson, Bell, Forsett........
    edited December 2014
    Quick update... I had Sanchez and Parkey slightly outperform their projection and am a decent but not huge favorite.

I thought I had settled on J. Bell, Murray, Anderson, but I'm beginning to hear reports of Murray not getting a full workload.

Would anyone (other than acetoten) start Forsett over Murray based on this morning's reports?

I'll add a WR decision, although I don't think I'll get cute here. I'm planning to start Benjamin at WR3 (after Brown and Cobb). If Haden is active for Cleveland, would you consider any of the following over Benjamin?

Douglas (if Julio is out, although I expect him to play)
    Stills
    Colston
    Moncrief (assuming Hilton is out)
    edited December 2014
    I'm usually less likely to experiment in the final week, so I would go Murray and hope he at least gets in the endzone. Receiver is pretty easy with Haden out IMO. I would rather lose with the guys who got me there than get cute and lose because I got cute.
    edited December 2014
    I'm usually less likely to experiment in the final week, so I would go Murray and hope he at least gets in the endzone. Receiver is pretty easy with Haden out IMO. I would rather lose with the guys who got me there than get cute and lose because I got cute.

WR is no longer a decision.

I'm not sure taking a risk averse approach and benching Murray b/c of usage risk is the same as being cute and starting someone out of the blue. I've used Forsett more than I've used Bell, but now that Detroit is finally using him as a workhorse and he has a good matchup, I obviously like Bell this week.

It's partly semantics, but this doesn't fall into my definition of "cute." I see it as a legitimate risk averse strategy.

Appreciate the feedback. I'm still torn, but leaning Forsett right now.
    edited December 2014
    How to lose a fantasy championship: Start Forsett over Murray.

How to potentially win a fantasy championship: Play against a team with Luck at QB on a day he scores 1.45 pts and gets pulled in the 3rd qtr.

I'm down 9 pts with CJ Anderson going tomorrow night while my opponent is done.

Probably jinxed myself by posting this, but just figured I'd share.
    edited December 2014
    Goats wrote: »
    How to lose a fantasy championship: Start Forsett over Murray.

How to potentially win a fantasy championship: Play against a team with Luck at QB on a day he scores 1.45 pts and gets pulled in the 3rd qtr.

I'm down 9 pts with CJ Anderson going tomorrow night while my opponent is done.

Probably jinxed myself by posting this, but just figured I'd share.

Good luck, Goats.

I took your advice and played T Mason over M Evans and still lost by 2. St Louis D -4 pts, S. Hauscha -1 pt...