Betting Talk

Help Me Determine if I should invest in RAS CBB?

jmjm Senior Member
edited November 2014 in Sports Betting
How do I take a mathematical approach to determine if i should invest in RAS?

I'm a small $500/unit player and each play "costs" $30 or 6% of my play. I'm thinking I calc RAS' ROI and if it's greater than 6%, I invest.

Is that the right way to think of it?

Comments

• golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    If you bet 500$ a game then you should invest. It's only 1000$ for 50 plays. If he wins 2 units you break even. But from a mathematical standpoint, I'm not exactly sure how to do it. Durito or someone else will know.

Be glad you didn't start your purchase today though, gonna lose both of the totals.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Golfer, I just wanted to let you know I'll miss you when you get permanently banned one day, that's all
  • ericvandenericvanden Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Makes 1 of us.
  • turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    If you get down $500 or anything close to the release you should be OK,

Yes, band the golfer
    edited November 2014
    There are a few other things you should think about first though. Are you going to get release numbers? Do you have a place to bet the totals?

Also need to think about if you would have sides, totals, and second half plays turned on. I currently have all 3 turned on. I have no problem getting down on the sides and totals, but I never get a second half line (at least I didnt get the first one) and I don't expect to get any of them really. So I may turn that off at some point but I need a bigger sample to see. Even though I'm not sure how anyone gets a second half play unless you are sitting on your computer and have the page pulled up. By the time I log in on my phone or computer the line has moved, and I'm certainly not sitting with that thing pulled up all the time.

Even though I am recommending the service to you if you bet 500 a game , I do not like the direction of the overall service. I will first say I do love the new release, it's been great and it was a must. I can even get down on my phone. The release page did way more harm than good.

Now to the bad stuff, the overall direction of the service is more geared toward the less sophisticated gambler, or recreational gambler. Later release times, lower volume, ect... I will never make the money I use to make buying RAS and I know it. A few years ago, we had so much more volume, earlier releases, and only people who were serious as fuck about this stuff would purchase. Now with the way it's set up, it's far more geared toward the recreational gambler. Almost anyone can buy it who has a good sized bankroll. Do I think it will still be a good buy? Yes, but don't expect the type of returns we use to have, it's just not going to happen. I'm sure Ed is making way more money this way, but I don't like it. I'd rather it cost 100$ a play and get more volume. I think Ed thinks by releasing 1 or 2 games a day he will preserve certain information he has on other teams that don't get released, so the opportunity will be there in a month or so and there will still be value on those teams that aren't getting released all the time. I'm not so sure about this anymore, maybe 3-5 years ago, but maybe not anymore.
    edited November 2014
    One other thing, since your cutting it close on if it makes since financially, you may also want to do some back checking and see where he has been his best: sides, totals, or second halfs. Maybe you would just turn on what he has the highest win rate at? Maybe it be sides, maybe it be totals, I'm not exactly sure now what is best. But that is certainly something to think about too.

Although you never really know what he's going to be good at this year. I'm sure a lot of people didn't buy the "extra" cfb service, but it's saved my year. Been on fire after the first 8 weeks.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    its 2k for 100 bets, if he hits 55% you make 5.5 units. That's $2,750 - $2,000 = $750 + you will probably lose a few outs along the way.
    edited November 2014
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    If you bet 500$ a game then you should invest. It's only 1000$ for 50 plays. If he wins 2 units you break even. But from a mathematical standpoint, I'm not exactly sure how to do it. Durito or someone else will know.

How many games you expect him to win over 50 plays? 57% isn't even gonna be 5units and 55% is less than 3units. Not much left after spending 2 on the package. I'd hardly expect rates in the 60% releasing in the middle of the day.
    edited November 2014
    durito wrote: »
    How many games you expect him to win over 50 plays? 57% isn't even gonna be 5units and 55% is less than 3units. Not much left after spending 2 on the package. I'd hardly expect rates in the 60% releasing in the middle of the day.

True, might not be a good buy mathematically after all. At first glance it seemed like 500$ would be enough, but it's not. Better bump the bet to a dime a game, or hope for a lot more 2 unit plays:)
  • winupwinup Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    durito wrote: »
    its 2k for 100 bets, if he hits 55% you make 5.5 units. That's $2,750 - $2,000 = $750 + you will probably lose a few outs along the way.
    have to hit 60% or better to make some money
    edited November 2014
    winup wrote: »
    have to hit 60% or better to make some money

Sure if you are paying 2k for 50 plays, but otherwise 55% is a license to print money. Expecting anyone (even ras in ncaab) to hit 60% going forward is gonna be pushing it.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited November 2014
    The biggest question is will you be able to get the release lines on a consistent and sustainable basis. Those who do are overwhelmingly satisfied with the service.