Betting Talk

RB/FLEX Help

GoatsGoats Head Moderator
edited November 2014 in Sports Betting
With Murray, Forsett, and D. Robinson on bye for me this week, coupled with the loss of Hillman, my usually strong stable of RB's has temporarily turned into a mess.

Need to start one RB and one RB/WR at FLEX. My list is shorter, but I'll just ask this open-ended and list anyone I remotely considered (some are on my roster, some are FA's). Non-PPR, extremely recreational 10-team family league.

CJ Anderson, Ball, J. Bell, Stewart, Richardson, M. Bryant.

Feel free to wait until later in the week when hopefully the Denver RB situation becomes a bit clearer if you wish, just figured I'd ask now since it's a slow day.

Comments

• worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Goats wrote: »
    With Murray, Forsett, and D. Robinson on bye for me this week, coupled with the loss of Hillman, my usually strong stable of RB's has temporarily turned into a mess.

Need to start one RB and one RB/WR at FLEX. My list is shorter, but I'll just ask this open-ended and list anyone I remotely considered (some are on my roster, some are FA's). Non-PPR, extremely recreational 10-team family league.

CJ Anderson, Ball, J. Bell, Stewart, Richardson, M. Bryant.

Feel free to wait until later in the week when hopefully the Denver RB situation becomes a bit clearer if you wish, just figured I'd ask now since it's a slow day.

Cj and Bryant. Doesn't seem to close to me
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2014
    worm33 wrote: »
    Cj and Bryant. Doesn't seem to close to me

If I was/become convinced CJ will get the majority of the touches, I'd agree. Those are the two I have in my lineup for now.

Just to update the situation, I left out my other RB (Jennings) because I thought I was definitely using him, and I still probably will, but now I'm reading "The Newark Star-Ledger believes Rashad Jennings (knee) could be in for a 60-40 split with Andre Williams against the 49ers."

Not a fun week for my RB's. Got my Arian Foster voodoo doll out since my opponent has him and it would be a massive loss for her.
    edited November 2014
    Still going with Anderson/Bryant for now. Any other opinions?

Obviously got lucky with Foster being ruled out for my opp but that only made me a medium-sized favorite and this is a crucial week as we're tied for 1st in the league, a game-up on 3rd (who should win today), and I have the most points in the league for the tiebreaker. So going up a game with 2 regular season games remaining almost ensures me a top 2 finish and makes me a big fav for the 1 seed (top 2 get 1st rd playoff byes).
  • BigPermBigPerm Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Logically speaking. Anderson and Bryant are your only options. I doubt anyone could muster an argument for the others.
    edited November 2014
    BigPerm wrote: »
    Logically speaking. Anderson and Bryant are your only options. I doubt anyone could muster an argument for the others.

I'll muster one just for the sake of argument...

Ball gets more carries than we expect, including goal line, rendering Anderson a weak play.

Stewart is mediocre but a known quantity and ATL's rush D is horrible. Bell has a terrible matchup but will at least get touches (don't think Bush out means much as Riddick seems to be the same player for them).

Basically, it's just what I stated earlier. If you're convinced Anderson will get a healthy number of touches, it's probably not a tough decision. I just wasn't convinced at the time I started this thread and figured I'd update to see if others had any thoughts (this forum is pretty dead). Clearly everyone responding is an Anderson believer. I hope you're right.