Betting Talk

Thread subscription not working

caaladorcaalador Senior Member
edited November 2014 in Sports Betting
Hi, I have a little trouble with thread subscription. I added a couple of thread to my subscription but after the first email was sent to me when someone posted in the subscribed thread, since then I havent received another one when another post come up. It happened to me twice with the different threads. Can someone please help me out, what is wrong?

Comments

• ct5320ct5320 Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    caalador wrote: »
    Hi, I have a little trouble with thread subscription. I added a couple of thread to my subscription but after the first email was sent to me when someone posted in the subscribed thread, since then I havent received another one when another post come up. It happened to me twice with the different threads. Can someone please help me out, what is wrong?

As it states in the email "There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again." Once you get the email, you must visit the forum again to start the emails again, you have to do this after each email
  • caaladorcaalador Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    ct5320 wrote: »
    As it states in the email "There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again." Once you get the email, you must visit the forum again to start the emails again, you have to do this after each email

Oh, I see, sure I visited the forum after I got the notification but it seems you have to log on to start receiving email again. Thanks.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    How much of a pain would it be to send the notifications via text message..
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2014
    kcburgh wrote: »
    How much of a pain would it be to send the notifications via text message..

Don't even think that's an option. The forum uses 3rd party software common to many internet forums. The built-in features more or less come with it and there's only so much adjusting that Ed's tech department can do.

I'm not a software expert though, so you can try sending an e-mail to [email protected] about it.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Yeah it's a pain to have to visit the thread to get updates again. I'm sure it's because they (Internet forum mods in general) want to drive clicks to the site.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2014
    jm wrote: »
    Yeah it's a pain to have to visit the thread to get updates again. I'm sure it's because they (Internet forum mods in general) want to drive clicks to the site.

I'm guessing just like you, but I think another reason is to prevent you from being away from a computer/device and coming back to dozens of alert e-mails if you're subscribed to a busy thread.
  • caaladorcaalador Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Yeah it is a pain, it could be handled differently.