Betting Talk

HSBC Champions?

Fat PolamaluFat Polamalu Senior Member
edited January 2015 in Sports Betting
Are we back?

Comments

• drewbydrewby Fantasy Expert
    edited November 2014
    $15k top prize? Yuppp I'll be entering. Duff daddy at $6100 caught my eye.
  • adamburdenadamburden Member
    edited November 2014
    I like drewbys suggestion there. Also like Bjorn at a cheap price. Keegan looks to have a good price tag as well.
  • adamburdenadamburden Member
    edited November 2014
    Everyone and their mother is going to be on Sergio, and probably for good reason. We need to decide if we are going to fade him or hop on the bandwagon.

Need to make decisions soon as tee off is at 5CST today.
  • ParkerMParkerM Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Just wanted to quickly update you guys. My health deteriorated to the point of requiring further treatment. I'm currently on a medical leave of absence which also means no computer until I'm back to 100%.

I'll probably get yelled at for coming on for this, but felt someone needed to let you guys know what was going on.

Appreciate everyone who is still contributing to discussions and hope you continue to stay involved. I'm hoping to be back by next week at which point we'll hopefully get going on the contests and everything once again.
  • gatorshoosiersgatorshoosiers Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    are we ready for Hyundai toc?
  • Fat PolamaluFat Polamalu Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm interested, if this is still going on.
  • IndianaIndiana Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm definitely interested as well. Been quiet in here on the DFS front for some time.
    edited January 2015
    My PGA spreadsheet has been collecting dust with NHL season started but I'd be interesting in taking it for a spin.
    edited January 2015
    Looking at this tournament there are only 34 players. Typically, it is critical that you get golfers through the cut in order to succeed, as you get 4 rounds worth of scoring so lots of fantasy points. The different between the top half and bottom half can be a massive difference (100% delta for making vs missing a cut). That is no longer the case in a tournament that has no cut. The difference between 20th and 30th will be 2 fantasy points, which can easily be overcome by birdies.

I believe the right strategy for this tournament is a high/low strategy, rostering iterations of Watson/Day/Kuchar/Matsuyama/Johnson/Walker with cheaper birdie players like Hoffman/Stadler types. My model also liked Horschel and Patrick Reed.

Focusing less on the players and more on the strategy aspect, do you agree that increasing likelihood of capturing a few top 10's offsets the lower quality golfers given the lack of risk?
  • IndianaIndiana Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Below are my top value and overpriced players for this short field:

Top 3 Value Plays:
    1. P. Reed
    2. H. Mahan
    3. M. Kuchar

Top 3 Over valued Plays:
    1. J. Walker
    2. C. Kirk
    3. R. Moore