Betting Talk

QB Help: Palmer or Flacco?

GoatsGoats Head Moderator
edited October 2014 in Sports Betting
6-pt passing TD's, otherwise standard scoring.

I have them very close (or else I wouldn't be debating). Like Palmer more going forward, only tempted by Flacco b/c of Atlanta's lack of defense and expected high score of today's game.

Other factors that may or may not matter:

1. I'm starting Forsett for the matchup as ATL's run D is truly horrible, so this could be a negative for Flacco. Baltimore may try to run from the start and/or not have to throw late.

2. I'm a pretty large favorite, so would go with the "safer" option if I thought one was over the other, but don't see a clear edge there, maybe others do.

All opinions welcome.

Comments

• Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Goats wrote: »
    but don't see a clear edge there,

Sorry Goats,
    Been looking, but can't find much. Only thing I have is that Oakland has allowed 10 passing TD's compared to Atlanta's 6.And Oakland's defensive passer rating is worse, but Atlanta is right there behind them.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited October 2014
    No worries, at least you responded. :)

Going with Palmer. Slightly windy in Baltimore, which probably won't matter, but since I have them so close, what the hell.

I'm thinking ATL hasn't given up many passing TD's b/c they're so bad vs. the run and as mentioned I have Forsett so might as well diversify for the heck of it. This is an extremely recreational family league, so no money or even especially important bragging rights involved.