Betting Talk

Sun Belt Week 3.............

SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
edited September 2014 in Sports Betting
Miami -16 1.5 Units

Bad spot for Ark St, having to travel to a power conference school on back to back weeks, and play in the Miami heat. They are also dinged up at key positions. #1 RB out for sure, and there is a chance their best defender and best WR are limited as well.

Air Force -11.5 1 Unit

Texas St +10 1 Unit

S.Ala +13.5 1 Unit

Idaho -2.5 -1.15 1 Unit

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Happy to see you on Texas St and Idaho on both myself except Idaho I laid -3. Texas St a little ML also.
    Thanks SB Good Luck
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Thank you sir. Texas St has had 2 full weeks to get ready for the Navy option attack. Hopefully they will be prepared.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Hey Sunbelter, I certainly respect your opinions, but I have to respectfully disagree with you on UM, I like Ark St here. Yes the loss of Gordon hurts, and McKissic isn't 100%, but I think they show up and play well tomorrow. After playing last week in Knoxville, they won't have to deal with the same type of atmosphere as there will only be about 40,000 in Sun Life stadium, so the home field advantage wont be as big. The Canes QB is a true freshman and while he's looked good at times, he's also made some mistakes you would expect from a freshman, including throwing four ints in the first two games. UM is solid at RB and deep at WR, but their O-line hasn't looked very good, and so far Al Golden and offensive coordinator James Coley have babied Kaaya, limiting the playbook. Ark St's best defender is dinged up, but so is UM's. Denzel Perryman will play, but isn't 100%. All in all, I feel like the line is a bit high, I have Miami winning by 10-14. I don't like going against you when it comes to your conference, but I really feel like the Wolves are a live dog. GL
    edited September 2014
    Appreciate the input Kane. Won't hurt my feelings to bad to see ASU make a strong showing. Just think they wear down in the 2nd half.

Adding:

La-Laf team total over 16. 1 unit
  • redrum14redrum14 Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    like you picks except texas.st. way to many services on texas.st plus public money and line shot down to 9 1/2. i think great spot to take navy. just my guess good luck with your picks!
  • barmoycmbarmoycm Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Navy QB out .. glad i got em at +10
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    SB, you were right and I was wrong on the Ark St-UM game, good call. I was catching 16.5 and the game closed 13.5-14.5, so at least I had market agreement. Anyway, whenever I lose a play I check on some things and decide if I had to do it over, would I still make the same play. In this instance, my answer would be yes, If I had a chance to make the same bet, I would, not that it means much, a loss is still a loss. Congrats again.
    edited September 2014
    It's about the only thing that went right this week Kane, but thank you. Some tough losses and some flat out bad plays. First losing week of the year.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    ???
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    ???

First I've seen this video....and it might be the greatest thing I've ever seen on a football field
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    First I've seen this video....and it might be the greatest thing I've ever seen on a football field

I still can't figure out what the goal was here, unless they just wanted to play with 10 guys...
  • UMcanes3UMcanes3 Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    I still can't figure out what the goal was here, unless they just wanted to play with 10 guys...

He was auditioning for a role in the new Quentin Tarantino movie they are filming in Miami. That was a spectacular acting job, I think he will get the part.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    What's really funny is that when the fake ended up in an interception, he came back from the dead only to get blocked by a Miami player on the int. return.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/arkansas-state-player-pretended-to-die-during-bad-fake-punt-attempt-at-miami--gif-124435397.html
  • odiecabodiecab Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Covered up by the end to his right. Would have been a penalty if he ran downfield