Betting Talk

Sun Belt Football Week 1...............

SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
edited September 2014 in Sports Betting
Hope all is well with everyone. Very excited for the start of another college football season. Here's one for Thursday I like a lot.

Monroe Pick -1.25 2 units

Alot of line movement on this one today. I got this one early at +2.5, but still like Monroe to win this game. I think there is value here due to the loss of Monroe QB Browning, who had a fantastic career. They return 18 starters however, and gained a Sr transfer from NC St, Pete Thomas, who will be the starting QB. Thomas had a big game last year against WF. Wake is in total rebuilt mode with a new staff. They have no set QB, and lost their top 2 RBs and WR's, off an offense that was awful last year. Monroe was better then WF last year on the road, and I see no reason why they can't win this one outright. Good luck this season!

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Welcome Back SB, If your in town (LV) William Hill still has PK -110
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Welcome Back SB, If your in town (LV) William Hill still has PK -110
    You have to love it old-timer. At the time of his post I was able to get +1 at William Hill. You can still get +1 at the wynn Have a great year Sunbelt.
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    GL this year SB Hope all is well with you and the family, and BOL this year
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Thank you Chuck, family is all alive and well. Best if luck to you this year also.
  • WynnBigWynnBig Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Read this is a CAMOout game with one of the Duck Dynasty cast members flipping the coin. A&E is filming a segment for the show? I cannot say I have ever watched an episode but after reading the fans are coming by way of tractors and riding mowers this might be the biggest home game of the year for Monroe. Should be fun.

--Wynn
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    WynnBig wrote: »
    Read this is a CAMOout game with one of the Duck Dynasty cast members flipping the coin. A&E is filming a segment for the show? I cannot say I have ever watched an episode but after reading the fans are coming by way of tractors and riding mowers this might be the biggest home game of the year for Monroe. Should be fun.

--Wynn

Show is awesome and a great way to take a brief break from work (only 20 min an episode)

Good luck on the trade 'belter. Bought some myself @ +2.5 also. Good to see the Sun Belt man is on it with me ;)
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Sunnyside up in Arkansas
    Best
  • Pepper BrooksPepper Brooks Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    As an FYI, not accurate to say current ULM QB Pete Thomas had a "big game" against WF last year, when he played for NC State. NC State lost to WF and scored only 13 points (WF won 28-13). In that game, Thomas threw 2 picks, was sacked 4 times and threw for one TD.

This game is really hard to handicap because of all of the unknowns involving WF with a new coach, new system, true frosh QB (who has looked good in pre-season scrimmage), and a lot of turnover from last year.
    edited August 2014
    I was looking at raw numbers Pepper. 257 Yds passing and 60 rushing.
    edited August 2014
    Thanks SB, Excellent start to another Excellent year.
    edited August 2014
    Thanks OT. A lot closer then it should have been. Statistical dominance by the War Hawks. Glad they pulled it out after an ugly 1st half.
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    SunBelter wrote: »
    Thanks OT. A lot closer then it should have been. Statistical dominance by the War Hawks. Glad they pulled it out after an ugly 1st half.

Crazy box score. Absolutely correct that they dominated and should have won by more. My box score model shows they "should have won" by 21 points.

Yppt. Total ..........Actual yds.......... .Score should've been.. TO Next Week
    Wake Forest 30.9 Should have lost by 21 94 4.94 1 BAD
    LA Monroe 30.9 Should have won by 21 352 25.9 1 GOOD

My total based on the box score was around 31 points. Which uses yards, turnovers, total points, and predicted line (vegas line at close). Actual game margin was 7 but the numbers suggest they should have won by 21. (It's hard to read in this format)

Good cap on the game Sun Belter. Opening line was a gift.

This is the type of box score that fits in the misleading category. Some of the best situations during the season is when a team DOESN'T cover the spread like LA Monroe did and then playing ON them the next week and AGAINST the other team. Meaning they dominated but will most likely be undervalued in the market place next week. As their opponent may be overvalued.
    edited August 2014
    Great analysis eb. They host a terrible Idaho team next week. Hopefully the line won't be to high.
    edited August 2014
    Florida -36 1 Unit

Hard to see this being anything but a bad yr for Idaho. Their lone returning star on offense has been kicked off the team, and they get to open against what should be a highly motivated Gator team, looking to rebound from a rare awful season.
    edited August 2014
    Adding:

Texas St -28. 2.5 Units

Ark St -9.5. 1.5 Units
    edited August 2014
    It doesn't get any better. Thanks SB
    edited August 2014
    Thank you sir. There is nothing I enjoy more then betting against SWAC teams. The Texas St line was a joke.
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    just awesome picks. thanks
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Dave Mason wrote: »
    just awesome picks. thanks

Awesome? His Florida bet didn't win--- I'm downgrading my opinion of him based on that play. :)
  • barmoycmbarmoycm Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    hahah.. been following ya for a while SB, ya got me takin a payday next week with my guy up over 7 units on your plays including a few of my own but ya killed em.. too bad florida didnt get postponed
    edited August 2014
    Haha congrats bar, just hope everyone remembers this week when I have the inevitable bad week.
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    SB,
    Please let everyone know in advance when that bad week is coming.