Betting Talk

First Five Inning Lines

Octan21Octan21 Member
edited June 2014 in Sports Betting
Could someone explain ( like Durito perhaps?) why the house advantage is almost twice as high as the full-game lines? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• srn828srn828 Member
    edited June 2014
    It is a derivative market. In other words, the line is derived largely from the game line. Books are aware that they are more susceptible when it comes to derivatives; therefore, they limit action on these markets and juice it up, just as they do with proposition wagers.
  • Octan21Octan21 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thank you. I also suspected it might be math-related. Because the amount of time is shorter, then the vig has to be higher.

For example, what if books offered 1-inning lines. Could the correct prices also be derived from the full-game lines? I'm not sure I'm explaining myself very well here.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    It's just bookmakers being pussy/stupid. Pinny deals 10c first fives.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    durito wrote: »
    It's just bookmakers being pussy/stupid. Pinny deals 10c first fives.[/QUOTE]

Up to what? 11cents and progressive on sides. Totals? 16cents and higher.
    edited June 2014
    Ronbets wrote: »
    durito wrote: »
    It's just bookmakers being pussy/stupid. Pinny deals 10c first fives.[/QUOTE]

Up to what? 11cents and progressive on sides. Totals? 08cents and higher.

Right they use constant vig throughout their lines, as opposed to the neanderthal bookie method of just making shit up.
    edited June 2014
    Pinny doesn't deal a true 10 cent like u mentioned. Wake up Sonny!
    edited June 2014
    Pinny doesn't deal a true 10 cent like u mentioned. Wake up Sonny!

Too easy. Do you know how to compute the hold on a line?
    edited June 2014
    Yeah do you?
    edited June 2014
    Yes I took third grade math.

So tell me does pinny deal the same vig on first fives at -105 and -180 or are they completely random amounts like neanderthal bookmakers do?
    edited June 2014
    It's obvious t that the bigger the spread the lower the hold, thus the wider the straddle up the ladder.
    edited June 2014
    It's obvious t that the bigger the spread the lower the hold, thus the wider the straddle up the ladder.

So your statement that pinny doesn't deal a real 10c line is just nonsense. Because then you can say that no one deals a 10c line. And no one deals a 20c line on football moneylines either.
    edited June 2014
    I play into PPH that offers a true dime line up to 90cents. Sides including 1st halfs.
    edited June 2014
    I play into PPH that offers a true dime line up to 90cents. Sides including 1st halfs.

You must crush it. Again you can't account for neanderthal stupidity.
    edited June 2014
    Sure I did initially. fifteen to dime to nick to three. Where am I going now?