Betting Talk

Poll: Who sold my phone #

MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
edited May 2014 in Sports Betting
For the past 4 months, I have been receiving calls from various azholes repping VIP sports, "you know buddy, the one the TV show is about" My usual defense, when time allows is to keep these xxxxsuckers on the phone for 15-35 minutes b4 bursting thier bubble. They always start with, "Mike do u have your lines in front of u?" I enthusiastically respond , "yes, I have made 7 plays for 2-3k each, but cant figure out these 2 NBA TV games" inevitably giving them a boner. I constantly inreupt their pitches seeming star struck asking them about life in the fast lane, knowing how secure inside info. if he knows who Phil Ivey is on, Does he use guys like Merryweather to make bets for him etc.. Ok , let him talk for a bit.. interrupt again and will usually quote a couple of stats from Statfox or covers seeing if he likes those games and then apologize for trying to impress him. I use a ton of tangents to sidetrack them but y'all get the picture. Inevitably I get to a point where I feel like I am going to lose him and I tell ask them if his cxxx mother is betting on these games, or did u picture yourself doing this when u got you GED. I had hoped this would prove calling me was not cost effective, but they keep calling. So how did they get my #

Borgata Hotel 40-1
Cosmo 30-1
Bovada 1-1
Sports options 6-1
Sports Insights 3-1
field 8-1

Comments

• blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    I want you to do this again and record it. Would be funny as hell!
    edited May 2014
    Kind of like one of my all time favs:
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    that was great ty
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    There's plenty of value in the field @8-1.
    Hint: R U calling any scorephones? Any 800# or any derivative of is a suspect.

When they call does ur CallerID show restricted #?
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    blackbull wrote: »

Thanks for laugh and I have to steal that..
    edited May 2014
    Its a Vegas ## They state clearly that i signed up to be called. I didn't even know score phones still existed.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    I didn't even know score phones still existed.

Plenty still available and some voice activated.
    edited May 2014
    I want you to do this again and record it. Would be funny as hell!

I will. when i begin my opening act about betting a buch needing the TV games, i picture the scene in "Wolf of Wall Street" when Jordan is making hand gestures as he reals the sucker in.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited May 2014

Lmaooo...that was great...keep em coming if u can.
    edited May 2014
    Here's another fav of mine:
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Most interesting call I received lately popped up on my caller id as F Valenzuela....of course I picked up.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Here's another fav of mine:

Hilarious, but clearly fake.
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    I used to get calls all the time from someone who worked for Stu Feiner.
    My two favorite ways to fuck with them were:
    1) "Let me ask YOU a question. Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and personal savior? May I give you my testimony? Because Jesus loves you and has a plan for you. And if you give him a chance, he might just save your soul. (then prattle on for a few minutes until they hang up)

2) "I'd like to buy your most expensive picks package. But before I give you my credit card number, I want you to hit yourself in the head with the phone. If you do that, I'll buy from you."
    edited May 2014
    Your friendly local pizza man:
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    This is a good one.

[video=youtube_share;T0Zl9t8o6Es]