Betting Talk

Discussion of rare live betting opp

MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
edited April 2014 in Sports Betting
Wed nights sox marathon presented us with a rare betting opportunity . The home team (CHIsox) was forced to put a position player into pitch during a tied game. The road team (BOSOX) got steamed to a closing line of BOS -146 (pinny, please correct me if i am wrong. I wasnt paying attention and was wondering if punters simply ran out of time b4 they could drive the # higher or was this approx the correct closer? I would have laid as much as 220 $ in this case but really have no idea . thoughts ......

Comments

• duritodurito Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    I turned it off after 11, but I'm pretty sure the live line was Boston around -150 before the 10th and 11th

this is the line history i have

Doesn't look like it took any real action that way.

XVryGhq.png
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Boston would never be laying 150 on the road under normal circumstances . The CHIsox were -150 and moved a ton when people caught wind of a 2nd baseman pitching the 14th for the CHISOX.
    edited April 2014
    Boston would never be laying 150 on the road under normal circumstances . The CHIsox were -150 and moved a ton when people caught wind of a 2nd baseman pitching the 14th for the CHISOX.

SO pinny was just putting out nonsense with $7500 limits?
    edited April 2014
    What time did the game go into the 12th?
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    durito wrote: »
    What time did the game go into the 12th?

Do you mean the 14th (last) inning here? If so it was about midnight Central time.
    edited April 2014
    yea 14th sorry, thanks.

Timestamps above are 5 hours ahead of central, so looks like red sox took a big bet at -136 before the 14th but came back a bit to -142.
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    purpose of thread was not to debate the pinny line . I was just curios how much weight someone would give a positional player pitching in this instance.
    edited April 2014
    While you said "Boston would never be laying 150 on the road under normal circumstances . "

Yet, that was the approx line before the 11th and 12th and 13th.

My implication was that not more than one person probably that was betting at that time was aware of the pitching issue as they took one max bet and thats it.