Betting Talk

***Announcement re: Forum split (Please read)***

GoatsGoats Head Moderator
edited April 2014 in Sports Betting
If you haven't noticed b/c you have this forum bookmarked and/or never click on the "Forum" link at the top of the site, BT has split into two forums. This is now the "General Discussion" forum while the other is a "Picks Only" forum.

EDIT: Posters were previously asked to start new threads in the Picks Only forum but Ed has decided to move existing pick threads over there so I have removed the request from this thread.

Comments

• procapprocap Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Wouldn't it be easier to just move the pick threads? Seems like an inconvience to have the posters start new threads. Especially with people already subscribed.

What about old pick threads? What happens with those? Will they stay archived in the discussion section?
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited April 2014
    procap wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be easier to just move the pick threads? Seems like an inconvience to have the posters start new threads. Especially with people already subscribed.

What about old pick threads? What happens with those? Will they stay archived in the discussion section?

It would be a far bigger inconvenience for Tommy and I to find every pick thread and move them than to have each poster just start a new thread.

The old pick threads will still be here.
  • baseRunnerbaseRunner Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Love it. One small suggestion- would be great to have a dropdown menu for Discussion and Picks sections when hovering on the "Forum" tab at the top of the page. No biggie, but would save a click and make navigation less cumbersome.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited April 2014
    I see a lot of people started new threads already, but I am going to move over the active pick threads right now.
    edited April 2014
    baseRunner wrote: »
    Love it. One small suggestion- would be great to have a dropdown menu for Discussion and Picks sections when hovering on the "Forum" tab at the top of the page. No biggie, but would save a click and make navigation less cumbersome.

Good suggestion, will try to implement it.
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Goats wrote: »
    It would be a far bigger inconvenience for Tommy and I to find every pick thread and move them than to have each poster just start a new thread.

Sorry if I inadvertently posted a pick here earlier.
    edited April 2014
    munson15 wrote: »

Not your fault really, some of the links aren't doing what they are supposed to yet.
    edited April 2014
    munson15 wrote: »

No need to apologize.

The forum split wasn't exactly implemented as well as it could have been as far as announcements and decisions go. Not the fault of the posters.
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Goats wrote: »

Sorry, should have been more specific. Just figured the active threads could be moved easily.

But cool, I just wanted to make sure the archived threads would still be in the same spot. Thanks
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    could it also be set up when you're in the "picks only" forum hitting the "back to" button takes you back to the picks only side, and then vice-versa on the "discussion" side?
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited April 2014
    How do you start a new thread ?

I can't see "post a new thread"
    edited April 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »

Not sure what happened there. I'll have someone look into it.
    edited April 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »

For some reason it's down at the bottom of the page now.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    could it also be set up when you're in the "picks only" forum hitting the "back to" button takes you back to the picks only side, and then vice-versa on the "discussion" side?

Yeah-- was just going to post that the "Back To Forum" button takes you off the picks side and returns you to the discussion side.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    nice changes. worked either way for me but sort of cleaned things up a bit.