Betting Talk

Golf Gurus...

beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
edited April 2014 in Sports Betting
Threw a flyer on Senden and Walker to win Augusta before the tourney...How good are my chances going into moving day??

Comments

• gatorshoosiersgatorshoosiers Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    I think you have a great shot Scott is probably the biggest roadblock the fraud Watson will shoot 75 today
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited April 2014
    beefcake wrote: »
    Threw a flyer on Senden and Walker to win Augusta before the tourney...How good are my chances going into moving day??

Don't follow golf, but one way to answer questions like this is to check odds (then adjust of course for vig to get a rough estimate, which is pretty much all anyone can give you anyway aside from some additional personal opinion).

From Pinny...

Senden +1651
    Walker +1693

GL!
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited April 2014
    I think Spieth is your biggest trouble, agree with Gator that Bubba blows up.
    Rooting for
    Spieth
    Couples
    Walker
    Langer

One of those guys winning would be ok with me.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Scott will rebound today. Took these matchups:

Couples over streelman
    Stadler over Henley.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Kashmir wrote: »
    Scott will rebound today. Took these matchups:

Stadler over Henley.

played that too
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    I think you have a great shot Scott is probably the biggest roadblock the fraud Watson will shoot 75 today

Agree............If I was Bubba's caddy would go out there with ear plugs today.

This babies temper tantrums will be on full display.
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks guys, going to be fun.Maybe live bet on the back nine tomorrow afternoon if one of them is leading.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Bubba has improved immensely in the needed areas for another jacket. ON THE GREEN. We all know he is a bit of a childish prick/head case at times (as most pga players are) which is the last thing needed at this course as each shot is that important but with his improvement over the last year and his experience already winning a jacket IMO he continues with the lead and rolls on to another one. he has every advantage in the world to do so and again with the concrete greens, his putting will be the major difference... no pun.
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    What I find amazing is considering how tough the greens are at Augusta so many guys known for there sketchy putting over the years have have won it.......Bubba, Cabrera, Vijay, Scott.............
  • BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Walker just took a bogey dont know if he will make it. Like the old pony tail Jiminez- Watson will have a hissy fit soon, Spieth is dangerous.
    edited April 2014
    Alright Jiminez , for all us overwight guys that love cigars !

Bubba meltdown has begun back to back bogeys and he is about to explode.
    edited April 2014
    bubba doing just fine fellas (some jitters of course) and still retains the lead. let the guy play his round for the love of god :). even par is a great round today for him if that's where he ends up.
    edited April 2014
    Fourth Round
    Spieth over Watson +120
    Stricker O72.5 -115
    Poulter O72 -120
    Olazabal O73.5 -115
  • ricodotricodot Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    i LOVE that olazabal bet. gl
  • Fat PolamaluFat Polamalu Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Who's gonna win this?
    edited April 2014
    i think kooch wins it
    edited April 2014
    Its supposed to get windy later on this afternoon at Augusta.

I wouldn't mind if Kuchar or Westwood won.
    edited April 2014
    i think rose has a legitimate shot
    edited April 2014
    ricodot wrote: »
    i think rose has a legitimate shot

What do you think is the number thats too far back? Even? One Under?
    edited April 2014
    Fwiw
    Spieth wins it Bubba not in top 5

Spieth +25 over bubba
    Day even over Scott
    Stadler -25 over steelmam
    Fowler +15 over kucher

Sorry if those are not accurate lines, that's what my locals have.

GL should be fun
    edited April 2014
    i don't think any number behind is out of it. if day or mcilroy shoot a 64,65 they can win in a playoff. but, i don't see it. i think rose or kooch win it, whoever makes the pars at the tough holes when others are making bogeys. whichever of those 2 gets hot with the putter. peace. gl, i'm off to breakfast
    edited April 2014
    Added another unit on poulter O71.5 -130

Actually went 2 units on spieth over Watson.
    edited April 2014
    comes down to bubba and fowler IMO. GL today with your plays all. as much as I'd like to see a 20 year old take home the jacket and it appears the future is bright for many other opportunities, I see Spieth fading.
  • Wurzz03Wurzz03 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    newcombe wrote: »
    comes down to bubba and fowler IMO. GL today with your plays all. as much as I'd like to see a 20 year old take home the jacket and it appears the future is bright for many other opportunities, I see Spieth fading.

At Augusta putting brings home the jacket. Bubba showed yesterday his true putting stroke which will not be good enough to win another. I think spieth is putting extremely well and has been making the smart decisions to avoid big blow up holes.

I got kuchar, spieth or fowler taking it home in that order. Love to see Jimenez in the mix but guessing he will have a blow up hole down the stretch.

Going to be a great final round today boys, buckle up!
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Wurzz03 wrote: »
    At Augusta putting brings home the jacket. Bubba showed yesterday his true putting stroke which will not be good enough to win another. I think spieth is putting extremely well and has been making the smart decisions to avoid big blow up holes.

Spieth and Bubba both averaging 1.69 putts this week, both have 2 3-putts, and both top 10 in putts this year,.

For all the talk about Bubba's nerves, he missed only one fairway yesterday and made two huge putts on 17 and 18. Yeah, he had a bad stretch, but so does everyone at some point in 3 days. I think he plays just fine today. Whether or not it's enough to win, we'll see, but I expect a solid round. Everybody is seemingly forgetting that he's got a green jacket and the course suits him very well.

Back 9 at Augusta is one of my favorite things in all of sports. Let's hope it's a great one.
    edited April 2014
    for being awful off the box so far, spieth down 2 on the day is pretty amazing. we're in for a good one...
    edited April 2014
    congrats to bubba for 2 of the last 3 jackets. very impressive stuff. some of the shots he hit today were absolutely unreal.
    edited April 2014
    Pretty incredible stuff by Bubba.
    That drive on 13 and the 248 yard iron on the Par 3 just incredible.
    Very deserving.